Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    darcy,

are you able to see how many times folks have hit reload on the blog today?

Just don't reveal how many times it was me! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    darcy,

are you able to see how many times folks have hit reload on the blog today?
    Nobody in the forum would think of doing that!

You could just go to the Accessories page and see it now.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucaroo View Post
    You could just go to the Accessories page and see it now.
    no, don't do it! wait for the blog post, wait for the blog post!

Volunteer Moderator
    very nice! awesome pictures, darcy!

Now we just need an awesome video by Maverick!!!

Well done! Everything I need except knitters' graph paper, which I can add myself behind an extra divider!
    Now, to decide on a color --- I was dead set on Crimson until you tossed Conifer in there! :-)

Looks great! The Navy version is a great color. I have a couple questions. Will the latest kindle fit in the outside pocket? How does an iphone not flop out of that pocket when you open the notebook? If you preorder now are you charged now or right before it ships?

I think growing up I developed an ill will towards all the cheap binders I had to deal with in k-12, so it will be interesting to see what Tom has done to create a super binder. :P

The notebook looks great, and the colors very enticing.

But, and I hate to be the party pooper, but for the first time I feel like this is a bit expensive. I was expecting more of the $40-50 range, not $75. I guess I'll wait and see the video of the notebook in action. I'm just curious - what all went into the cost? Is it the hardware, or the paper?
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Hi everyone,
    Being a lefty I'm VERY interested in the "Ring Mechanism can be rotated 180 degrees to accommodate left-handed users" part. I've got a plum Field Journal on order. It will go nicely with my plum Synapse and plum Side Kick, I'm seeing a pattern here. I've been using journals built for right handed people for years. Maverick, one of your wonderful vidoes showing the right to left rotation would be greatly appreciated.
    Happy travels,
    Moose

Quote Originally Posted by DQBunny View Post
    I'm just curious - what all went into the cost? Is it the hardware, or the paper?
    The product description on the Field Journal Notebook page is a good explanation of everything that has gone into it. Maybe a notebook cover would be $40 - this replaces the notebook entirely. The highly skilled labor that goes into producing the FJN alone is astounding, and seeing how many times Tom sewed the FJN, ripped it apart, and put it back together to make everything crisp and perfect... we put a lot into this bag! Does that help?
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-28-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeot View Post
    Will the latest kindle fit in the outside pocket? How does an iphone not flop out of that pocket when you open the notebook? If you preorder now are you charged now or right before it ships?
    The Kindle won't fit in the Field Journal Notebook. I suppose you open the FJN violently or with the phone pocket upside down, the iPhone might slip out - that hasn't happened to us yet in our months of using it.

If you pre-order, you won't be charged until the order actually ships, so you may change or cancel it at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by KnitnSpin View Post
    Well done! Everything I need except knitters' graph paper, which I can add myself behind an extra divider!
    Thank you! That may be a type of paper that we offer in the future.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0