Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator

food, glorious food! :)

food's ready!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Volunteer Moderator
    my bags are packed, i'm ready to go... :-)

hi folks,

we're about 10 minutes away. just want to give everyone a heads up in case you're arriving a little early and wondering where we are. see you soon! :-)

we decided to leave the table back, but we do have a picnic blanket around which we will gather.

see you all soon...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    That looks so good maverick! We wish we were there today - for the company and the food! Let us know how the TOM BIHN Fest goes, everyone.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Just got back to my hotel from the Fest - it was a lot of fun! Good to meet everyone and our enormous combined pile of TB gear was impressive to behold. Thanks so much Maverick for setting this up.

keb
    Pictures!!!
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Volunteer Moderator
    hi folks!

we just got back from the tom bihn fest, and had the most fantastic time! it was such a pleasure to meet folks in person and enjoy their lovely company and share how we use our bags!

i was excited to see the newly redesigned western flyer in person! shiva got to get a little more comfortable with gatekeeper clips and tried using the waist strap on her imago.

we didn't get too many pictures because we were having so much fun chatting about our bags, but i wanted to share a few of the pictures we got.

thank you again to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to come and make the tom bihn fest such a wonderful event!

i am excited to see who will host the next tom bihn fest, and where they will host it!

Volunteer Moderator
    here are some pictures from the tom bihn fest... enjoy!

Volunteer Moderator
    some more pictures...

Volunteer Moderator
    and some more...

Volunteer Moderator
    and the last of them...

Awesome pictures! It looks like you all had a blast!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

The DC meet up was great. Thanks to Maverick and family for the food, drink, and picnic blanket (after the difficulty figuring out how to fold it up, we think that we might need a Tom Bihn version).

It was great to meet other folks from the forums (and someone who doesn't post but read about the meet up on the blog). I had a chance to see lots of bags I don't own: Buzz, Smart Alec, Imago, Ruck's Sack, Little Swift, Shopping Bag, Aeronaut, and Co-Pilot. It was fun to learn about the differences between my Western Flyer and the earlier model.

Highlights were seeing the Co-Pilot (I may have changed my mind about whether or not I "need" one), the Field Journal Notebook (thanks for letting us have that sneak peek!), the Iberian Shoulder Bag Packing Cube (a truly awesome color in person--thinking of getting the Backpack Packing Cube in Iberian), and all the colors of the Ultrasuede Screen cloth.

Thanks to Maverick for arranging this!
    Last edited by wennefer; 09-25-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

The DC meet up was really lovely! Maverick and Mona: thank you so very much for bringing all that wonderful food, drinks--and making everyone feel so welcome. Your son is really special, and I was quite happy playing with him. His dinosaurs are the best TB ad there are...
    Oh my: I thought I liked bags until I met everyone else So now I can rest in peace, and order more....hehehehe.

It was great fun to see all the other bags in person --the Iberian red is a winner. I unexpectedly liked the Little Swift a lot better in person than I thought--not for myself, but my aunt who is an inveterate traveller and likes totes more than messengers!
    The Co-Pilot was a lot more spacious than I had imagined it to be, and would also make a great conference bag. Although I am still not sure if the average conference sized books will fit in there.

Thanks for all the pictures Maverick and Mona...and just realized that Mona was in none of them!

s

The new Western Flyer: in addition to the options on the back (backpack style or rollaboard style), what I noticed was that the main compartment now has two BUILT IN pockets much like what there is in the Co-Pilot etc., The pocket is sized big enough that it will hold the IPAD in its Apple Case. I don't believe there are pictures of this on the product page; I checked. So that was a nice change and addition I think.

2. One more request: we all felt that the Co-Pilot could gain a lot by having a zippered pocket on the outside --that can hold a wallet, a boarding pass, and ID. This could be sewn inside the rollaboard handle space--many folks do that and it is truly handy.

shiva

What great fun! Thank you, Maverick, for the awesome photos. I recognized your resident dinosaur expert right away!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0