Whats the Word on the "Parental Unit"

This is my first post to the Forum, and I've been a very happy Tom Bihn consumer for the past 4 years. Started with the Super Ego and Brain Cell, recently got the Checkpoint flyer, Aeronaught and packing cubes. Love all your products very much and recommend to all my family and friends.

Ok, moving on to the real point of my post. My wife and I are expecting our first child in February of 2011 and would love for our child's first bag to be a BIHN!!! I've seen talk on the blog about a "Parnetal Unit" bag coming out but all seem to be from earlier this year with no updates recently. Any idea when this might be available?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Congratulations to you and your wife!

The earliest that the Parental Unit would be available is early 2011, so you might be in luck! We'll try to keep everyone posted on its progress.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Coneheads anyone?

This is the first I've heard of this bag. I'm assuming "parental units" came from the term Connie Conehead (Laraine Newman) had for her parents (Jane Curtin & Dan Akroyd) in the Saturday Night Live skit. I loved the Coneheads. I used to have their family portrait poster up in my dorm room in college. A reminder of home.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    This is the first I've heard of this bag. I'm assuming "parental units" came from the term Connie Conehead (Laraine Newman) had for her parents (Jane Curtin & Dan Akroyd) in the Saturday Night Live skit. I loved the Coneheads. I used to have their family portrait poster up in my dorm room in college. A reminder of home.
    You've got it, Hugh.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Smile

Thanks for the update Darcy, we'll be looking for the "parental Unit" early next year, hopefully before the baby is here, if not I'll just have to tell my wife to hold it back as long as possible

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0