Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I think it's a good idea, because I'd love to see other models of TB bags in real life.

Hmm. I'm going to be in the DC area for a business trip the day before. Wonder if I should stay over...
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    I like the idea of a national Tom Bihn bag trip! Once a year or two or three, a Tom Bihn event where people get together. The entry ticket? Wearing a Tom Bihn bag of course.

It would be a blast! of course, it could be confusing in the overhead bin, but then we'd be spotting the other attendees. It would be so much fun.
    hi ex machina!

are you thinking of a multi-city event? or different events in different cities on different days!

my son had a lovely time in new york last time - i would definitely be up for getting up there one weekend if you organize something.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
    I think it's a good idea, because I'd love to see other models of TB bags in real life.
    hi ams123,

by models, do you mean people or bags? :-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    Hmm. I'm going to be in the DC area for a business trip the day before. Wonder if I should stay over...
    hi wennefer,

that would be great! i am excited about the interest in the meet up!

are you returning to boston after your trip to dc? by air, rail, or road?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi ex machina!

are you thinking of a multi-city event? or different events in different cities on different days!

my son had a lovely time in new york last time - i would definitely be up for getting up there one weekend if you organize something.
    Well, both! Why not have regional or city meets, and a big meet annually or every few years? Regional/City meets could get together for a more local celebration of all things Bihn and perhaps even see the latest Tom Bihn wares. The big hooha meeting could be annual or less frequent and meet at the factory or another place perhaps a different city each year. Also, it could be tied into the extensive charity work of Tom Bihn. Maybe chapters could get together to do a project in their area, a food drive for instance. Or a Habitat for humanity fund raiser. Basically, Bihn bag fans could come together, share their love of Tom Bihn products, and a worthwhile, non-controversial (i.e. no land mines everyone agrees on, Planned Parenthood not so much) organization that does good stuff gets a boon from it. Just kicking around some ideas here.

Another example might be a bi-monthly meeting at an eatery (perhaps a different one each time) where a percentage of the sales goes to a good cause. And everyone shows up with their Bihn bags. maybe a little show and tell session, and the latest news from TB is announced. Just some thoughts. The forum is a nice bunch of folks and nice people having a meal is usually pleasant and fun (strange food reactions notwithstanding :P)

I figure start off small and infrequent and see if it builds a head of steam from there. Maybe a raffle or a 50/50 where the profits go to feeding the homeless or such. Pay say $20 per ticket, and cover your own meal and drink. I think that could raise a few hundred for a cause no one would find irksome while having a nice time with people who share a common interest. Besides, people at the venue not in the know will wonder what that bag cult is all about and that just makes me smile.

oh, I just had another idea. Tom Bihn flash mobs. A date and time is discussed and chosen in the forum and participants just show up at a location saying the name of their Bihn bag while mulling about and then just scatter after 2 minutes. I love flash mobs.

I'm sure there are lots ideas this bunch can cook up.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Anything new (besides the FJN) will be 2011.
    AhhhHemmm! Did the TB powers that be forget they promised us a camera bag insert????

Sorry - the wait has been sooooooo long! Second summer waiting and nothing!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Thumbs up

Hey, I'm just not a red person, but this color has changed my mind. I'd love a red Clear Quarter for my med bag. It would be easier to pass through checkpoints than a red Kit, and the 3D isn't big enough for what I carry.

I love my Indigo/Solar, but I think there might be a few who'd like Indigo/Iberian... not just the black/Iberian... hint hint from 'she who will not carry basic black!'
    Last edited by aiethabell; 09-05-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: She hates black, she does! No black bags!!!!
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    Hey, I'm just not a red person, but this color has changed my mind.
    That's what a lot of people are saying about Iberian. I'm using a Small Yarn Stuff Sack in Iberian in my Little Swift or Cafe Bag (whichever I happen to be carrying!) and I get a lot of compliments on it.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    hi folks,

i've started a new thread for the washington, dc tom bihn fest discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    Hey, I'm just not a red person, but this color has changed my mind. I'd love a red Clear Quarter for my med bag. It would be easier to pass through checkpoints than a red Kit, and the 3D isn't big enough for what I carry.

I love my Indigo/Solar, but I think there might be a few who'd like Indigo/Iberian... not just the black/Iberian... hint hint from 'she who will not carry basic black!'

I think Indigo/Iberian and Indigo/Plum would be marvelous pairs.

Very fashion forward!

Come to think of it, Steel/Iberian might qualify as well.

I am not a red person also, but Iberian has "something" that says rich and, again, fashion color

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0