Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Forum Rules and Guidelines

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Hi everyone,

Here's a list of forum rules and guidelines that we've been working on. We'd like your feedback - on the rules/guidelines listed below and if you think there's anything we've missed. Thanks!

1) Feel free to lurk or jump right in with a question or comment. You may, however, want to use the Search function first to see if your question has already been answered, or if there's a thread already started on the topic that you had wanted to discuss.

2) Linking to and discussing other bag manufacturers in the right context is perfectly acceptable. If you're trying to decide between different brands of bags, or if you need to ask a whether a different manufacturers bag or accessory will work with a TOM BIHN bag, feel free to discuss or link. Posting a review or an in-depth discussion strictly about another manufacturers product is best kept to that particular manufacturers forum or website. And if you join our forums and then start posting links to other sites, we're gonna be thinking you're probably a spammer of some kind. We try to stay as on-topic as possible, and the topic here is TOM BIHN bags. Speaking of which: TOM BIHN only builds our own original designs and styles, so you needn't bother posting a link to a different manufacturer's design and suggesting that we make it too. It's just not something we do: at TOM BIHN, we make our designs, which come from our own inspiration. And we assure you: that keeps us plenty busy.

3) Selling your TOM BIHN bag directly through these forums is not allowed. Sites such as eBay and craigslist are set up specifically to handle such transactions and we are not. You are welcome to post a link to your eBay or craigslist (or other such similar site) auction or sale of your TOM BIHN bag in the sticky thread designated for such posts in the Just for registered members section of the forums.

4) Be friendly and polite to your fellow forum members. But we don't need to tell you that: all of you are already awesome.

5) If there is a post that you feel needs our attention - whether it is inappropriate to these forums, when maybe we've missed a question that should be answered, or simply an awesome photo or bag review that should be posted on our blog - please email a link to the forum thread to us. We read the forums regularly, but it's possible for us to miss posts or threads when we're busy doing other stuff, like making bags.

6) Have something you'd like to share with the TOM BIHN Forums community that isn't related to bags? Post it in our "Not About Bags" forum.

7) No trolls (elves, hobbits and Ents are OK) That means: pointless, thoughtless negativity isn't okay here. If you disagree with something or someone, that's okay of course, but be able to back up it up with some thoughtfulness. It's good for all of us to remember that just because we personally might not like something, it doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't (or doesn't) either. To sum it up: treat others as you'd wish to be treated and with mutual respect.

8) Last but not least: keep doing what you're doing. We love reading your posts and appreciate your thoughtful responses to other members questions, feedback, sense of humor, and general coolness.
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-12-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    this all sounds good, darcy!

thanks!

keb
    sounds good to me...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Very good points.

Yup, sounds okey dokey

Sounds good! Thank you, Darcy!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

This has been the ethos here since I started, and it's a good idea to post it/bump it now and again as a guideline for the new-to-forums beginners. Maybe this should be a sticky thread, locked to the top of the forum? a sort of Read-Here-Before-Posting announcement. BTW,excellent policy and protocols. This is a great forum and well worth keeping going.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Darcy, they all seem reasonable and flexible! This is one of my most favorite forums: people are friendly, honest, helpful, and I have learned a lot : from how to pack more efficiently, to where to travel, and how to travel. I truly do think that TB is more than a business, and I hope it stays that way!

How long does it take for a comment to post? I posted two days ago and it is still not in the forum.

There's a three day waiting period -- that way, if a spammer joins and posts a bunch of irritating spam, we can catch it and delete it before you guys ever have to see it. We try to catch legitimate posts and approve them before those three days are up, but sometimes if we're really busy or it's over the weekend we don't.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks Darcy - I just posted to the thread again and it appeared this time.

Are there rules about photos that I'm missing somewhere? I tried to post a pic of my Swift here for misterN, but I got a notice that the post needed moderator approval...and so I've waited and waited to see if it appears...and so far nothing. So, I'm guessing that since don't have many posts that many I can't post pics? Anyway, didn't know who to ask, so I thought this Rules thread would be a good start.

TIA!

~Tik

In an effort to prevent you guys from having to see posts by spammers, new members of the forums must have their posts approved by moderators for the first three days of their registration. Your posts hadn't yet been approved by a moderator, so that's why they didn't show up yet. Hopefully, with the forum upgrade and more strict spam controls, we can eliminate the three days of moderation, but we want to test it more first.

Hmm, your photo still doesn't seem to be showing up. Would you mind trying to post it again? Sorry about that -- we can't wait to see your photo!
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    In an effort to prevent you guys from having to see posts by spammers, new members of the forums must have their posts approved by moderators for the first three days of their registration. Your posts hadn't yet been approved by a moderator, so that's why they didn't show up yet. Hopefully, with the forum upgrade and more strict spam controls, we can eliminate the three days of moderation, but we want to test it more first.

Hmm, your photo still doesn't seem to be showing up. Would you mind trying to post it again? Sorry about that -- we can't wait to see your photo!
    Ok, thanks for the info, Darcy. I saw the post above about the wait time, but I'd had a post a couple of days ago go thru without a delay, so I wasn't sure what was going on. I'll see if I can repost the picture.

~Tik

Thanks Darcy! I edited the post, and the picture looks like it is displaying appropriately now.

~Tik
    Darcy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0