Volunteer Moderator

met a fellow tom bihn bag user at the apple store in reston, va today!

i stopped by the apple store in reston town center as i walked back to the office today.

much to my excitement, there was a black horizontal brain cell there! i went and said hello to the proud owner of the bag and we chatted about tom bihn bags.

it's always exciting when you run into a fellow tom bihn bag user!

i invited him to stop by the forum...let's see...

Smile

M-

I had a similar experience yesterday! We have company visiting from the South and were at the Mall of America ( not my favorite place to be but visitors seem to like to say they have been there!). I had my Synapse with me with all the usual requirements for a day out with a 12 y/o, 6 y/0 twins and a 2 y/o. When we were entering the amusement park area - right by the 15 foot Sponge Bob statue, a man and his wife came running up to yelling "Wait!" ( it's a high energy sort of place

He asked if my backpack was a Tom Bihn Synapse - I thought my husband was going to be hysterical. When I replied that it was, he insisted that I unload everything so he could try it out. My precious Synapse was unloaded, loaded, inspected, worn and returned to me with a smile, many thanks and the declaration that he would order one that very day in the hopes it would be waiting for him when they returned home from vacation.
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

I've had a number of total strangers comment stop me to comment on my Tom Bihn bags. I think my favorite example, though, was in the San Francisco airport. I had a multi-hour layover and was nursing a snack and drink when I noticed some guy looking at me. Like he was thinking about starting a conversation.

Now, I'm a happily married woman, but I have to admit that when I observed him glancing my way a few times, I did find it flattering. And he was, frankly, kind of attractive. Can I admit that it was just a wee bit disappointing when his opening line was, "Excuse me, but isn't that a Tom Bihn Empire Builder?"

P.S. I wasn't, it was a Zephyr.

P.P.S. We had a lovely chat for the next hour or so till his plane was called. And no, neither of us asked for contact info!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0