Co-Pilot is on it's way!

I did it - sprung for the Co-Pilot. I'm getting the Steel/Solar one. Although I really like Indigo, I'm planning on using this for everyday/work and need something a little more subdued. It should arrive next Tuesday - I can hardly wait!
    Owner of TriStar (aubergine/steel), Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

I agree! Tuesday cannot come soon enough. I'm almost wishing I had sprung for more speedy delivery...

Ok, I'm ranting now - my Co-Pilot was scheduled to be delivered via UPS Ground today. It has shown as being on schedule the entire time until I checked it this morning. When it should have normally said "Out for Delivery" it's showing as "Adverse Weather Conditions" in Seattle! What? Guess I don't see how it can be in Seattle when it is shown as departing Seattle on 7/21. What have they been doing with it for 5 days? Driving in circles around the city? If it was suppose to come via ground to Michigan on the 27th, shouldn't it have been closer than Seattle the night before? Guess I'm just anxious to get that new TB bag!
    Owner of TriStar (aubergine/steel), Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

You're better off than me. I just got a new Synapse and I'm debating whether or not to ALSO get a Co-Pilot. Driving myself crazy.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Buzzard,
    I've asked our UPS rep to explain the weather notice. I'll let you know as soon as I know what the story is.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Buzzard: can you email me your order number? darcy@tombihn.com
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I just checked the tracking of a FedEx package and there was a note at the top that said there was inclement weather at the Memphis hub. This may affect UPS as well. Not sure if this explains it...

I feel lucky/guilty, mine arrived! If I wasn't rapid refreshing the UPS page I wouldn't know that (though I knew he was due about the time it was dropped off). Why? The UPS guy thinks no one is home, my office is in the basement so it appears that way. (The kitten is insulted and I try in vain to explain he lacks opposable thumbs to sign for things...)

Anyway, here are some rushed photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peninah...th/4835696150/

I know this thread isn't for reviews but I hope all the co-pilots that should be delivered *are* delivered timely. My first thoughts are that this bag answers all my bag dreams!

Now back to work...

Great photos, penny.

Our UPS rep is currently investigating the delayed parcels - I'll post more news as soon as I have it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    (The kitten is insulted and I try in vain to explain he lacks opposable thumbs to sign for things...)

Anyway, here are some rushed photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peninah...th/4835696150/

Now back to work...
    Adorable kitten!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Alright, here's the scoop on the delayed packages: flash floods in the Chicago area washed out the the train tracks that UPS uses to move the Ground packages. Most, if not all, UPS Ground packages going to the East Coast or Midwest travel through the Chicago area to a major sorting facility.

Your tracking information may say that your package is stuck in Seattle. The trailers containing your orders are still in transit and can't yet arrive in Chicago due to the floods. Because of that, the Chicago sorting facility asked the last sorting facility (Seattle) that the packages were scanned in to add the weather exception to your tracking information.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. Please rest assured that your packages are in good hands and will be delivered as soon as possible.

My package is now in town and "out for delivery!" Just 2 days later than originally scheduled. Many thanks to Darcy and Katy for checking out what was going on with UPS! Once I've got my Co-Pilot and have it loaded up with "stuff" I'll post a picture or two!

Buzzard,

Glad to hear it!

We have heard from UPS that the stuck packages are once again moving - they should be delivered for the most part within the next couple of days.

I saved my pennies...

...and just ordered a Co-Pilot in Black/Steel. Now I can't wait for the UPS truck to show up next week. I'll post pix when it arrives.
    -Colortini-
    My Tom Bihns: ID (black/black/cayenne), Imago (cocoa/cocoa/wasabi), Co-Pilot (black/steel), Ego (black/black/olive), Large Cafe Bag (linen/olive), Medium Cafe Bag (black/black), Various Zipper Pouches

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0