Buzz in other colors, pictures in use

Two questions:

Is the Buzz going to be available in other colors any time soon? I've got my eyes on Plum but might go for Wasabi or Kiwi (or Storm Blue though I've never seen a TB pack in that color).

Did some googling but couldn't find any pictures... are there any pics of the Buzz being carried by a (small) female or male? I know it's sized fine for big guys, but what about people ~5'? I ask because I own a Brain Bag which is fantastic for hauling my stuff to campus with a change of clothes and/or a full week of groceries, but not so great if I just need to carry a laptop and water bottle when I'm a short, small person.

I don't know about colors.

When I read your questions, I just pictured Tom on the Matterhorn holding bolt of fabrics and dropping some Mel Brooks/Moses style and saying "discontinued color!".

In other words, color choices and combo literally come "from above", Tom has the final decision.

As far as bag pictures are concerned, you will have much better luck using those links.

http://www.tombihn.com/blog/pictures

http://www.tombihn.com/blog/reviews

Below is Tom Bihn flicker's group.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/57753561@N00/

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    As far as bag pictures are concerned, you will have much better luck using those links.

http://www.tombihn.com/blog/pictures

http://www.tombihn.com/blog/reviews

Below is Tom Bihn flicker's group.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/57753561@N00/
    Heh, I probably should've mentioned that I searched both the blog and the flickr pool and couldn't find any pictures of the Buzz being used by a small female.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnmist View Post
    Heh, I probably should've mentioned that I searched both the blog and the flickr pool and couldn't find any pictures of the Buzz being used by a small female.
    There is a Flickr pool that is called "what's in your bag?"

In there, I saw a couple of Tom Bihn bag pictures, it is a big pool (think Olympic size) , but if you use Buzz, you might find a picture of the content of a Buzz and with luck a picture of the Buzz and its female owner.

Lots of "maybes", I know but that is the best I can do.

Btw, I love the Brain Bag too

I love my Buzz, but I don't think would work terribly well for a female ~5 ft tall (I'm 5'7"), unless you plan never to carry it across your body, and only use it as an off-the-shoulder bag. Capacity-wise, it's great. It'll hold your laptop, water bottle, and a whole host of other stuff (http://www.flickr.com/photos/logista...7623910267080/). However, I've found when I wear it across my body I get a neck ache after a bit because I can't tighten the strap enough to bring the load to a comfortable position on my back (it's the boobs). It's ok for how I use the bag -- mostly off-the-shoulder around town -- but if you use it as intended you might find it uncomfortable.

I just took a quick measurement -- if I tighten the strap as far as it can go, the widest part of the strap is on top of my shoulder (ie I can't bring the bag any higher on my back), and I have about 2 inches of strap left over for cinching. The bottom of the bag is just at my belt line. If you're petite (I am not) you'll never be able to get the strap tight, even if you don't have much chest.

Hope this helps a bit.

logista, thanks so much for your response... it makes me sad (because I wanted a Buzz!) but that was very helpful. I was hoping to get a Buzz since it'd hold my 15.4" Macbook Pro when that's the only big thing I need to carry around, making the Brain Bag overkill. Alas!!!

Maybe Tom Bihn will make a female-specific bag design one day that's still big enough to hold a fullsize laptop.

A Brain Cell with a Yarn Stuff Sack or Tall Yarn Stuff Sack attached to the hardware of the Strap for the water bottler is a minimalist solution.

Another popular alternative to a full Brain Bag is the Synapse.

Another solution is to use the really packable and a lighter weight in the wallet,
    is the Packing Cube Backpack for the Tri-Star/Western Flyer with your laptop inside a lightweight protective case such as the Cache.

Buzz on smallish female

Hi everyone, I am new here

Just want to offer an image of the Buzz bag on a 5'4'' female.

The picture was taken more for the purpose of displaying the dog + Boston, rather than the bag, but if you're desperate, this may help a little!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Katy; 10-01-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: trying to attach picture...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Margot,

Welcome! I would love to see your photo, but it's not showing up for me...can you try posting it again? Thanks.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hi, logista. I just read your post; I hope you're still checking this thread.

I had the same problem as you—tightening the strap enough to bring the load against my back made it too tight for comfort—and then realized, a week or two later, that the strap doesn't have to be tight at all. Instead, I buckle the waist strap (over on the right of my waist) and slip the strap into the space behind the top of the big buckle. (I hope this is clear.) That holds everything in place.

Thanks for the great photo, Margot! We featured it on the blog today.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

So, will the Buzz be available in colors besides the Black/Black/Black and Black/Black/Steel versions? I'd love to get an Indigo Buzz to match my brand Tri-Star!

Quote Originally Posted by mattjs View Post
    So, will the Buzz be available in colors besides the Black/Black/Black and Black/Black/Steel versions? I'd love to get an Indigo Buzz to match my brand Tri-Star!
    The Buzz may be available in more colors in mid-2011, but Indigo won't be one of them - sorry!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Buzz may be available in more colors in mid-2011, but Indigo won't be one of them - sorry!
    i would love to see a dyneema buzz - in iberian!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0