Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Duty and taxes for delivery to Canada

Hi folks,

I'll be visiting Canada later in the year and may look at getting some Tom Bihn goodness delivered there. Can anyone fill me in on the way things like tax and duty work? I think i've read before about Canadians having to pay some duty COD.

Here in Australia, anything under $800 gets straight through with no duty or anything but as far as I've picked up, things are different in Canada.

Thans

Jonathan

Delivery taxes in Canada

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to Canada! Yes, it is true. Packages from Tom Bihn are subject to taxes. They are collected at delivery. So, if something is being delivered, someone has to be there to accept the package with cash on hand.

Thanks Espresso. So what's the procedure if nobody is there? Do you then just go to a depot to pick up?

In my experience, they try to deliver it at least 3 times. Sometimes, before the second attempt, you can call to arrange a time range for delivery.