Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn Garment Sleeve - Mid 2010?

Just a quick follow-up on this thread. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is still a Tom Bihn garment sleeve in the works. Has the notion of a sleeve advanced, or has it been shelved? Any news?

If Mr. Bihn has decided not to enter the garment sleeve fray, would it be permissible for people to post links to their favorite third-party garment sleeves?
    Rory likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Just a quick follow-up on this thread. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is still a Tom Bihn garment sleeve in the works. Has the notion of a sleeve advanced, or has it been shelved? Any news?
    It's still a possibility, though I don't have any recent news, but go ahead and post links to other garment sleeves.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Update: Maverick's 2010 video "Packing a Suit in an Aeronaut", mentioned upthread, has apparently been moved. The new video location is linked in this message.

The link that is posted upthread has apparently expired. I no longer has the ability to edit that message. Can the mod do something with it?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's still a possibility, though I don't have any recent news, but go ahead and post links to other garment sleeves.
    Here's the current garmet bag that I carry - would love to see Tom Bihn do something similar (not a sleeve, but an actual bag) made in dyneema and has all the favorite organization that I love about TB. I sometimes travel, with only this garmet bag and it would be great if they could figure out how to make a computer fit in it too.

Compact Garment Bag, 375, Baseline, Garment Bags | Briggs & Riley Official Site
    casun likes this.

^ @Lync: Is this garment bag FAA Carry-on ready?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    ^ @Lync: Is this garment bag FAA Carry-on ready?
    I'm not Lync, but the Briggs & Riley Baseline tri-fold garment bag is listed as 14"x22"x8.5", which should be fine as a carry-on for all major US airlines, except possibly on a small regional jet. I have a similarly-sized Patagonia "Burrito" that works great. The Briggs and Riley looks a little more rigid in structure, but I'll bet it's got more give than a roller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0