Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Introducing the Little Swift

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the Little Swift

The Little Swift

- Available in four materials: Waterproof Ultrasuede, Vulcana Hemp/Recycled Rubber, Cork, and Kiwi 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon.
    - Included with each Little Swift is a Small Stuff Sack - a smaller version of our Regular Stuff Sack. (Extra Small Stuff Sacks can be ordered here.)
    - 80% the size of the Swift and Swift in Cork.
    - Clear Organizer Wallets in Waterproof Ultrasuede, Vulcana Hemp/Recycled Rubber, Cork, and Kiwi 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon are also available for pre-order.
    - Fits an iPad inside of our Horizontal iPad Cache.
    - Available for pre-order. Ships by late June.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

1) YAY!

2) Those links go to the regular versions of the Stuff Sack & Wallet -- will there be options for the new materials/sizes in those pages or different pages for ordering the Small Stuff Sack & new Wallets?

3) Do you think you'll ever offer different colors with the new materials?

4) Thank you, again!

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    1) YAY!
    I agree - yay! I love my Swift, but this is an absolutely perfect size for days when I'm not carrying as much stuff, which is actually most days. The proportions are very cute.

2) Those links go to the regular versions of the Stuff Sack & Wallet -- will there be options for the new materials/sizes in those pages or different pages for ordering the Small Stuff Sack & new Wallets?
    You can refresh those pages and pre-order the new Clear Organizer Wallet and Small Stuff Sack from them now. Photos of the Clear Organizer Wallet are coming soon (we would've had them now, but believe it or not, US Mail lost the wallets.)

3) Do you think you'll ever offer different colors with the new materials?
    I think so, but I don't know when.

4) Thank you, again!
    Our pleasure!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Here I was so sure I needed this bag in cork, but now I see the hemp...you guys are too good. All four are beautiful.

Helpful forum folks...I'm not a knitter, my plan was to get this bag for days when my beloved Imago is just too casual. What would look best for a mid-40's professional woman to carry? (Because while I am a mid-40's professional, I have trouble dressing the part on my own, I admit it. )

love that Kiwi color!! wow!
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Abita View Post
    Here I was so sure I needed this bag in cork, but now I see the hemp...you guys are too good. All four are beautiful.

Helpful forum folks...I'm not a knitter, my plan was to get this bag for days when my beloved Imago is just too casual. What would look best for a mid-40's professional woman to carry? (Because while I am a mid-40's professional, I have trouble dressing the part on my own, I admit it. )
    I think you cannot go wrong with Cacao Ultrasuede for even really dressy time.

I am not a warm color girl and cannot wear brown, orange or any warm color next to my face but... this cacao is literally yummy, like wearing a cookie or a brownie or chocolate ice cream and...get an Cayenne Ultrasuede case with it.

Cork is beautiful and it gets darker with wear, it gets a rich patina. It goes with absolutely everything and like Cacao is a year round color.
    There are also plenty of matching accessories for the "bag in the bag" look.

Hemp in the (Natural?Straw?) color is the "absolutely perfect" neutral. Lovely with a Linen/Olive Small Cafe Bag.

And... if you have a lot of spring and summer greens in your wardrobe, the Kiwi is your best bet.
    I would add a Kit in Kiwi if you get this one.

I know I am completely unhelpful but I am just giddy that the new designs are finally coming out.

Last edited by backpack; 04-26-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Mea

Hemp?

I wonder if the Hemp version will be coming in the colors shown on the newsletter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    I wonder if the Hemp version will be coming in the colors shown on the newsletter?
    Not anytime soon - it's Natural for now.

Smile My order is in!

I am giddy, too, backpack. I love the look of the Little Swift, and I had the most difficult time choosing one of the four fabrics. But in what is unheard of decisiveness for me (usually I'll sit around for weeks trying to decide what new Bihn bag to get, and what color or fabric to get it in), I've already placed my pre-order for the Kiwi. Maybe it's the after-effect of the long, cold, wet winter; or maybe it's the influence of the spring-green leaves which are just now popping out here in the South. But the green of that Kiwi bag was calling out to me.

Last week was my birthday, so I'm thinking of this as my slightly-belated gift. Now I'll just have to be patient until June. But at least I have my big Indigo Swift to tide me over until then.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I am giddy, too, backpack. I love the look of the Little Swift, and I had the most difficult time choosing one of the four fabrics. But in what is unheard of decisiveness for me (usually I'll sit around for weeks trying to decide what new Bihn bag to get, and what color or fabric to get it in), I've already placed my pre-order for the Kiwi. Maybe it's the after-effect of the long, cold, wet winter; or maybe it's the influence of the spring-green leaves which are just now popping out here in the South. But the green of that Kiwi bag was calling out to me.

Last week was my birthday, so I'm thinking of this as my slightly-belated gift. Now I'll just have to be patient until June. But at least I have my big Indigo Swift to tide me over until then.

You "need" a Kiwi Kit for it and also a Key Strap, Long or Short is up to you but...Kits and Swifts, they just go together.

Edited to say that you need a Kit in Indigo as well.

I know there is tons of space in the Swifts pockets and Yarn Stuff Sack.
    However, I like something roomy and opaque in my Swifts and if there is a matching Kit to a Swift, grabbing it is the way to go.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-26-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Would the Cayenne or Leaf Green Ultrasuede used in the Kindle Sleeves be possible to use for the Little Swift? I would LOVE to get an Ultrasuede, but I wear so much black (especially my coats & jackets) that a brown bag just doesn't work.

Would the Cayenne or Leaf Green Ultrasuede used in the Kindle Sleeves be possible to use for the Little Swift? I would LOVE to get an Ultrasuede, but I wear so much black (especially my coats & jackets) that a brown bag just doesn't work.
    I completely get your dilemma about color, my dress jackets are black as well and I also have some in cool colors.

Kindle Sleeve dimension 10.3" x 7" (260 x 180 mm)

From the Small Swift page;
    "Fits an iPad or small Netbook inside of a Cache or a Kindle inside of our Kindle Sleeve"

Looks like a great way to add Ultrasuede to your Small Swift!

Feel free to talk, debate about color hues, tones, contrasts, match, must have, must "don't" (might not be English, but...)

I just watched Paris Spring 2010 collections, one word, uuuuugly. What were they thinking?

Fashion is definitely back on the streets or in the pages of Tom Bihn's Blog.

So excited about the Little Swift! A little sad about the color choices, because I can barely afford the Kiwi/Kiwi let alone one of the others, so it'll probably be a while till I buy one. Still, I'm excited that it exists! I always wanted a Swift but they're just too big for me (and I did finally get to see them in person last summer and confirmed this).

The Hemp is definitely my favorite of the current bunch. It's so pretty!
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

yum.

I'm on a bag-buying diet, so I will just have to oogle everyone else's Lil' Swifts but those are delightfully lovely...
    [FONT="Garamond"]Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, Little Swift in Verde/Verde/Ultraviolet, LCB in Linen/Olive.

I think I'm going with the hemp, which feels oddly like a betrayal, considering how much I was hoping for cork when the Little Swift was first announced. But it looks just a bit dressier...and I do love that it is made of recycled tires.

(I know--I'll learn to knit so I can justify the big Swift, too!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0