Retrofit old Aeronauts?

Hey Darcy et al,

Will it be possible to have old Aeronauts retrofitted with the new compression straps? They would be a HUGE boon to me and while I love my Aeronaut I'm not so keen on plopping down for a brand new one just for that feature. I'm assuming there is no way we could do it ourselves, but will people (for a fee I'd assume) be able to send in their beloved "old" Aeronauts to have compression straps added?

Oh, I know I've been out of the forums here for a loooong time, but I would be ridiculously grateful for this. I'm a little alarmed by how much I might pay for such a retrofit, even.

Can I play the "hey, I was with the Aeronaut at the beginning" card? I did beg for compression straps then, as I recall.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi guys,

Sorry, but that's a huge undertaking for our sewing crew - it's almost as much work as making a new Aeronaut. If it was a less involved process, we would be glad to make the retrofit.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi eristick,
    Quote Originally Posted by eristick View Post
    Oh, I know I've been out of the forums here for a loooong time, but I would be ridiculously grateful for this. I'm a little alarmed by how much I might pay for such a retrofit, even.

Can I play the "hey, I was with the Aeronaut at the beginning" card? I did beg for compression straps then, as I recall.
    Just be grateful that you were able to get the Aeronaut colors that were available at the beginning (and that have long since disappeared). And I really have to thank you for posting your pictures of the Imago in Hunter/Cork/Sage. If I hadn't seen that I would have missed out on the color combination -- Hunter disappeared as a color option for ballistic nylon shortly afterwards.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0