Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the Co-Pilot personal carry-on travel bag

The Co-Pilot is a small, carry-on sized travel bag sized to fit the essentials - the items that you want close at hand and easily accessible during your flight or at the airport. It's a natural compliment to our larger Aeronaut, Tri-Star, or Western Flyer carry-on travel bags.

The Co-Pilot is $110. It is available for pre-order and ships by mid-June.

For more photos and details, visit the Co-Pilot page.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-06-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Nicely done.

Volunteer Moderator
    very nice! this is the perfect for carrying all of the items you need inflight (or in the train)! the aeronaut, tri-star or other carry-on bag can go in the overhead compartment, and you can keep the co-pilot with all of the inflight essentials easily accessible under the seat in front of you.

I'm so glad I keep track of TB via my news reader.

This is a very neat bag. I'd like to see a typical DSLR in one of the pockets. I can see this being great for a camera bag while traveling.

Very tempting.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Great looking bag! Any chance for other colors? I have a lot of TB bags, but none are in any of the offered colors. Plum? Black w/ Solar? Olive?

Also, will the iPad in the Apple case or a snug slipcover fit? (I'm still waiting for my 3G version...)

I know it's tacky to ask for something different when the bag has just been introduced, but I really don't have any bags in those colors.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Great looking bag! Any chance for other colors? I have a lot of TB bags, but none are in any of the offered colors. Plum? Black w/ Solar? Olive?

Also, will the iPad in the Apple case or a snug slipcover fit? (I'm still waiting for my 3G version...)

I know it's tacky to ask for something different when the bag has just been introduced, but I really don't have any bags in those colors.
    hi foggy morn!

plum and olive are 1000d cordura fabrics, and it appears that (so far) the co-pilot is being offered in 1050d ballistic nylon and ripstop dyneema fabrics.

i think you should be able to fit the ipad in the apple case, since the ipad in the ipad sized cache will fit.

Thanks, maverick.

I do like the design. Seems like it would hold most of what I like to carry with me and not much else.

Do you know if the Contigo will fit? The wide cap makes it a bit of an awkward fit in the Synapse, so I wasn't sure if it would fit at all in what looks like a smaller pocket.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Thanks, maverick.

I do like the design. Seems like it would hold most of what I like to carry with me and not much else.

Do you know if the Contigo will fit? The wide cap makes it a bit of an awkward fit in the Synapse, so I wasn't sure if it would fit at all in what looks like a smaller pocket.
    hi foggy morn,

i haven't had a chance to handle the co-pilot yet, and i don't have a contigo. the product description mentions that the co-pilot will hold a small water bottle (so perhaps a 0.6L sigg water bottle).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    the product description mentions that the co-pilot will hold a small water bottle (so perhaps a 0.6L sigg water bottle).
    We'll clarify this - the water bottle pocket of the Co-Pilot actually fits a 1l SIGG bottle. I lost the lid to my Contigo, but I'm pretty certain it will fit in the Co-Pilot. I replaced my Contigo with one of these - and it easily fits.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'll clarify this - the water bottle pocket of the Co-Pilot actually fits a 1l SIGG bottle. I lost the lid to my Contigo, but I'm pretty certain it will fit in the Co-Pilot. I replaced my Contigo with one of these - and it easily fits.
    hey, that's great! thanks darcy!

Thanks, Darcy (and maverick).

That Sun Tea bottle (jar?) looks similar to the Contigo in width so it probably will work.

Still struggling with the colors, but I'll work it out.

TMG
    Product looks great. Is their any chance you could post of picture of it on a person so I can get a better perspective on the size? Thanks,

There is a logical question that comes to mind...

Can this new Co-Pilot fit TB's upcoming "camera insert"? If so, this new Co-Pilot could take on more new meanings and uses than most folks may realize at first glance. It looks to be ideal for digital SLRs and smallish prosumer camcorders like my new Canon Vixia HV 40.

Nice; is Steel/Steel not an option?

The co-pilot looks clean and clearly will be a great "personal item." I like that it looks like a miniature Western Flyer. And adopting the water bottle from Synapse is pretty cool. I just wish that it had been an inch longer so we could have also used it as a quick 13inch computer carry on bag.
    Having said that, I am a bit surprised at the dimensions. My constant challenge is when I am on International flights that allow only ONE carry on item --no personal item can be taken on. So I am constantly looking for creative ways to take one item that can be stowed up in the bins, and also have something handy. I have used the shopping bag as a way to keep stuff handy, but don't like that it does not have a zipper top. Sometimes, I have used a simple drawstring bag to keep things handy! (hint: a simple bag with a pocket that can fold unto itself--even a drawstring one would be great!)

I guess this officially holds more than the Imago, but I know I can take a 13inch macbook in my Imago in a pinch. I guess this will not do that?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0