Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Oh, I have a question about the standard strap of the Co-Pilot: will a Strap Wrap fit it?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    Oh, I have a question about the standard strap of the Co-Pilot: will a Strap Wrap fit it?
    Don't you just love the Strap Wraps?!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    Don't you just love the Strap Wraps?!
    Yup! I have two. So nice I did it twice.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Would the Co-Pilot work as a drop-in organizer pouch for larger bags (like the Brain Bag)? Say in Dyneema, so it is fairly lightweight...then you could pull it out of the larger bag as needed?

Volunteer Moderator

Talking

My wish for the Co-Pilot: Sapphire/Solar Dyneema
    Possibility of happening: 0.001%

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Would the Co-Pilot work as a drop-in organizer pouch for larger bags (like the Brain Bag)? Say in Dyneema, so it is fairly lightweight...then you could pull it out of the larger bag as needed?

Co-Pilot Overall dimensions: 12" x 10" x 5" / 300 x 255 x 125mm

Brain Bag Dimensions: 18" x 14" x 9" / 450 x 350 x 230mm

However, the Brain Bag is divided into 2 compartments and I don't know the dimension of each compartment but I can fit the Shoulder Bag Packing Cube (Overall dimensions: 11.75" x 7.75" x 3" / 300 x 200 x 80mm) in both compartments of the Brain Bag.

Those are the accessories that can be used inside the Brain Bag as instant organizing lightweight "inner pockets" Freudian Slip(s), Large Organizer Pouches, the Dyneema fabric: Backpack Packing Cubes for Aeronaut and Tristar and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.
    The smaller Clear Quarter Organizer Pouch, Kit, 3D Clear Organizer Cube or Side Effect can also become pockets for the Brain Bag.

For Mobile Computing (I can fit the kitchen sink in my Brain Bag but not a desktop )

The Vertical Brain Cells (hard sided maximum protection for laptops) have been engineered to clip inside the Brain Bag.

A padded sleeve for your laptop, the Cache is designed to protect your laptop against scrapes and scratches.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-06-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    My wish for the Co-Pilot: Sapphire/Solar Dyneema
    Possibility of happening: 0.001%
    I would LOVE that so much . . . really, anything coming back in Sapphire Dyneema would get snapped up in an instant!

Copilot has wonderful shades of 'camera bag' to it. I LOVE the water bottle pod concept. Just love it.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    I would LOVE that so much . . . really, anything coming back in Sapphire Dyneema would get snapped up in an instant!
    Sapphire/Steel anything and Marbenais and I are ready for "The French Connection" or "Bullit" car chase or ...

Just settle for a trip to Seattle and a nice pastry and beverage aroundTom Bihn's HQ

Sapphire ANYTHING would do for me! I didn't like the Sapphire Dyneema as a yarn Stuff Sack (the ones I saw off the first part of the roll were slightly more 'tacky' on the lining than the Steel - meaning mohair, angora, and cat hair stuck to it like mad - the only thing I've ever returned to Tom Bihn was a Sapphire Stuff Sack).

Indigo Ballistic/Sapphire Dyneema would look good as well - I have the large organizer pouches in Sapphire Dyneema and they look very nice next to my Aeronaut.

If Sapphire Dyneema was brought back, I'd cancel my Steel/Solar Dyneema Co-Pilot for one in Sapphire/Solar, instead, in a New York second.
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    So . . . is the strap the same Simple Strap with plastic gripper that's with the Small & Medium Cafe Bags, or is the beefier Simple Strap with the sliding slightly-padded gripper of the Imago?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aiethabell View Post
    Indigo Ballistic/Sapphire Dyneema would look good as well - I have the large organizer pouches in Sapphire Dyneema and they look very nice next to my Aeronaut.
    Quite true. The Sapphire Dyneema actually goes much better with Indigo (Ballistic or Cordura) than it does with Sapphire (Cordura), because it's deeper blue complements the "royal purple" tinge to the Indigo. I have an Indigo Shop Bag that I keep folded into the side pocket of the Synapse. (I fold down the handles and top quarter of the bag, then roll to a cylinder.) I also have a pen/pencil size clear organizer case in Sapphire Dyneema. (Incidentally, that also fits well into the side pockets of the Synapse. Even though the Synapse has pen/pencil slots in the left side pocket -- which are great for keeping a pen to fill out immigration, agricultural quarantine, or customs forms, and for holding all sorts of adapters -- I'll sometimes put extra plastic utensils into one of these cases and carry it in the side pocket of the Synapse, maybe next to some Lära Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Sorry if the question has already been asked.....

Any chance the Co-Pilot will be available in Solar Dyneema?
    I'd love it to make a bold yet happy statement on a 6 am flight. :-)
    Me too. If only it had been available in Solar, I'd have bought it immediately for my trip this summer.

(I also keep hoping the Tri-Star backpack packing cube will become available in Solar.)

I created a login just to post this. (And then because of the wait to be approved, didn't get around to actually posting it for two months...ah well, better late than never right?)

In Conclusion, I Am A Fan Of Solar.

Quote Originally Posted by hiker View Post
    I created a login just to post this. (And then because of the wait to be approved, didn't get around to actually posting it for two months...ah well, better late than never right?)

In Conclusion, I Am A Fan Of Solar.

Right! And worth creating a login for!!

I've been admiring the Solar lining in my Synapse over the last few days. It's so cheery! Love it. :-)

Anyone know if the Co-Pilot is on the way to us soon? I pre-ordered one a couple of months ago.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0