Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Compare to Imago?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    The co-pilot looks clean and clearly will be a great "personal item." I like that it looks like a miniature Western Flyer. And adopting the water bottle from Synapse is pretty cool. I just wish that it had been an inch longer so we could have also used it as a quick 13inch computer carry on bag.

[snip]

I guess this officially holds more than the Imago, but I know I can take a 13inch macbook in my Imago in a pinch. I guess this will not do that?
    I have the same question, how does it compare in capacity to Imago? I'd love a small bag that would fit my macbook and a few other items. My large cafe bag is a touch too small. The Imago looks about right. The co-pilot is in between, but appears not to accommodate a 13" laptop. I do like the looks of it, though.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-sto View Post
    I have the same question, how does it compare in capacity to Imago? I'd love a small bag that would fit my macbook and a few other items. My large cafe bag is a touch too small. The Imago looks about right. The co-pilot is in between, but appears not to accommodate a 13" laptop. I do like the looks of it, though.
    The Imago has more capacity/is larger than the Co-Pilot.
    Imago: Dimensions 14.5" x 12.25" x 3.5"
    Co-Pilot: 12" x 10" x 5"

Imago: Volume: 13.5 liters
    Co-Pilot: 10 liters

Brad of One Bag, One World posted a good photo showing what will fit in the Co-Pilot.

Also - the Co-Pilot would have to be significantly larger to fit a 13" laptop. At a certain point, we have to keep bags the size that they are - otherwise, every bag would be as big as the Super Ego so it could fit everyone's laptops. There will be other bags out this year that will fit 13" laptops.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Imago has more capacity/is larger than the Co-Pilot.

Brad of One Bag, One World posted a good photo showing what will fit in the Co-Pilot.

Also - the Co-Pilot would have to be significantly larger to fit a 13" laptop. At a certain point, we have to keep bags the size that they are - otherwise, every bag would be as big as the Super Ego so it could fit everyone's laptops.
    I would suggest for now that the Synapse is a good choice for a bag that will handle both iPad and a 13" laptop, and also fit under seats. It's larger than these solutions, though, mainly because of the abillity to add depth. However, if you don't fill it up, it will compress a bit. Also, the Cordura Synapse is the same weight as the Imago (1 lb. 9 oz.), and the Dyneema version is 3 oz. lighter. Co-Pilot beats this (1 lb. 1.2 oz. for Ballistic Nylon and 11.2 oz. for Dyneema), of course.

Synapse Dimensions: 16" x 11.5" x 7.9"
    Imago: 14.5" x 12.25" x 3.5"
    Co-Pilot: 12" x 10" x 5"

Synapse Volume: 19 liters
    Imago: 13.5 liters
    Co-Pilot: 10 liters

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There will be other bags out this year that will fit 13" laptops.
    Darcy likes to tease us about the great bags that will be coming out, but which are not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy likes to tease us about the great bags that will be coming out, but which are not available yet.
    I do! BTW: Tom's working on the Field Journal Notebook and the Camera Insert right now. Both are almost done - FJN before CI, most likely.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Co-pilot in Solar Dyneema?

Sorry if the question has already been asked.....

Any chance the Co-Pilot will be available in Solar Dyneema?
    I'd love it to make a bold yet happy statement on a 6 am flight. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Sorry if the question has already been asked.....

To piggy-back on this question -- how about black and solar?

I just have to say I am madly in love with the water bottle pocket.

That is all.

I have been looking for a seatside bag that stands up. This might be just the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Bold is putting it mildly! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    To piggy-back on this question -- how about black and solar?
    Or the original color question -- Steel/Steel?

Camera uses

I've been on quite a search recently for a waistpack/crossbody bag to hold my Canon 50D. What I'm really looking for is something that will provide easy access to the assembled camera; it looks like the Co-Pilot might actually get the job done. I used to carry my old-school film SLR in a Kelty waist pack worn over one shoulder; but the DSLR is a different animal. I'm heading to Foz de Iguacu this September and really want a smaller bag than the Incase DSLR sling that I typically use so I can grab and stow the camera quickly. It's a little too wet there to keep the camera out all the time. I can't wait to see some reviews from shutterbugs who've been using this as a camera case!

Hi Darcy-

In photograph "P" on the Co-Pilot page, it appears to show a Co-Pilot in color Steel/Steel Dyneema --

However I'm not seeing this color as an option in the dropdown menu for pre-order. All I see there is Steel/Solar and Steel/Solar Dyneema.

Is this a typo where one was meant to be Steel/Steel?

Thanks,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by photomatt View Post
    Hi Darcy-

In photograph "P" on the Co-Pilot page, it appears to show a Co-Pilot in color Steel/Steel Dyneema --

However I'm not seeing this color as an option in the dropdown menu for pre-order. All I see there is Steel/Solar and Steel/Solar Dyneema.

Is this a typo where one was meant to be Steel/Steel?

Thanks,
    Matthew
    I had changed my request for the Steel Ballistic to the Black Ballistic to keep the Steel Dyneema lining -- it would be wonderful if the Steel Ballistic were to be offered with the Steel Dyneema lining!

Matthew,

One bag is Steel ballistic with a Solar Dyneema lining, listed as Steel/Solar.

The other bag is Steel Dyneema with a Solar Dyneema lining, listed as Steel/Solar Dyneema.

This follows the naming convention on all the product pages, so maybe that pic you posted was of a pre-production bag.

I think the Solar lining really sets off the Steel bags, and makes items much easier to find items in the bag at a glance.
    Last edited by cody; 04-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Photos of pre-production bags in a color scheme that aren't available may be better off on the blog or here on the forum -- not on the main 'point of sale' website where product is actually sold. It's mildly frustrating to see a photo of something on the official site, REALLY like it, then come to find out it's not even available.

This will certainly not keep me from continuing to add to my TB collection; just wanted to give some constructive feedback.

-Matthew

Photographing a Steel/Solar Co-Pilot wasn't an option because the factory hasn't yet made one. We figured it was better to see a Steel bag with Steel lining (though that color combination isn't available) than no photos of a Steel bag at all. At the time those interior photos were shot, Steel/Steel was the only bag available for photographing, and again, we figured interior photos with a Steel lining were better than none. We'll update the photos once we have Steel/Solar bags in-stock.

Any chance of the Steel/Steel combo in the future?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0