Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New things tomorrow: can't wait!

We have two (big) new things to share with you tomorrow. One is a new bag, and one isn't a bag, but it has a lot to do with bags. Everyone has been working really hard on both and we can't wait to share them with you! We hope you like them.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Is the not-a-bag an accessory for some bags? Most bags? A new fabric?

You guys are too good. If I give any more hints, you'll figure it out!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

*Cheshire Cat grin*

Aeronaut w straps

Dang! I wish I could exchange my twice-used Aeronaut plus some $$ for one with those spiffy compression straps! Looks GREAT!!!
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Any chance of retrofitting compression straps in old Aeronauts?

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Any chance of retrofitting compression straps in old Aeronauts?
    Unfortunately, that's a very labor intensive process, and thus very expensive - so much so that we chose not to do that even with the handful of Aeronauts left over from the previous batch without compression straps. (That's why those are still available at $200.)

We are trying to come up with a solution, though no guarantees!

Hi, Darcy. I meant something aftermarket, like the Aeronaut/Western Flyer strap kit.

I just put the Vertical Freudian Slip in the Aeronaut's main compartment (it edges a little into the side compartments). I'm thinking of something like that—a suitably stiffened pad, without the space-taking pockets, with straps attached.

Meanwhile, as a mod, the FS with compression straps wrapped around it.

You're good, gmanedit. I'm now going to have to say for the record that that's the kind of solution we've been working on - the solution I mentioned earlier that we're trying to come up with. We want to try it in real life before making any promises.

Thanks, Darcy.

You know what would benefit from external compression straps? The Smart Alec. When I got the Brain Bag, I was amazed that, fully cinched, it felt smaller than the SA (a.k.a. the Jetpack). Maybe I'll head over to the hardware store and see what they've got in webbing and quick-release buckles. Perhaps a belt around the barrel, with a strap attached to pull up the SA's floor so it doesn't stick out when the bag is flattened.

Still waiting for the Synapse Freudian Slip.
    Last edited by gmanedit; 04-05-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Still waiting for the Synapse Freudian Slip.
    Me, too! That would be amazing!

need testers? I've been appointed Assistant Convention Manager for my professional organization (hence the recent Tri-Star purchase too). Will be traveling more in the near future!
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

keb

Hint???!!!

Well now.... Is that the hand of Darcy on a new product in that picture on the iPad screen? That ain't right....
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Anyone else think it might be a camera insert?

I know people have been longing for that for some time now

I hope it is a camera insert. That would be great!
    Super Ego Steel/Wasabi, Horizontal Brain Cell 4, Horizontal Brain Cell 4Z, Imago Steel/Cayenne, TriStar Steel/Solar, Brain Bag (Black), various Clear Organizer Pouches, Clear Organizer Wallet, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Horizontal Freudian Slip, Vertical Brain Cell 4Z

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0