First Order Placed - Medium Cafe Bag, ID, with a side of buyer's remorse...

So after nearly three years of lurking around here, I finally placed my first order...

I ordered an ID in black/steel/wasabi for me with a couple pouches and a Medium Cafe Bag in olive/wasabi for my wife for Valentine's Day.

After spending a couple hundred bucks on bags, I'm feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse, BUT I also can't wait to get them.

I'm sure that nagging feeling will go away once I get "moved in" to my new ID bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    congratulations ScottE22!!

i am sure you are going to love your id and that your wife will adore the medium cafe bag! the id and cafe bag are two of my favorite designs from tom bihn!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    congratulations ScottE22!!

i am sure you are going to love your id and that your wife will adore the medium cafe bag! the id and cafe bag are two of my favorite designs from tom bihn!
    Thanks! She finally unloaded the ubiquitous diaper bag that she's carried for the last 6 years so she'll love something a bit more "grown up." I'll probably stuff it with some other goodies.

What woman could resist red roses and a Medium Cafe Bag? ;-)

Scott, you did the right thing. Please don't fall prey to buyer's remorse when you could be enjoying Tom Bihn Anticipation Syndrome.

You've bought bags that, unless your style preferences change, you'll use for a lifetime.

True buyer's remorse comes from ordering a color that's not your first choice (because it's available immediately) or buying something you don't know if you'll ever use (me—an Aeronaut to replace my old travel bag, but I never go anywhere; a Brain Bag just in case I need to carry a lot of stuff someday—but not remorseful enough to return them!).

Plus, you bought a nice, needed present. How can you regret that? Go to bagsnob.com and congratulate yourself for thrift.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
    So after nearly three years of lurking around here, I finally placed my first order...

I ordered an ID in black/steel/wasabi for me with a couple pouches and a Medium Cafe Bag in olive/wasabi for my wife for Valentine's Day.

After spending a couple hundred bucks on bags, I'm feeling a little bit of buyer's remorse, BUT I also can't wait to get them.

I'm sure that nagging feeling will go away once I get "moved in" to my new ID bag...
    Congratulations,

You've just graduated to this thread (smile). Out of curiosity, did you order the Q-AM messenger strap that maverick showed in his video or the Absolute Strap? I use the Q-AM strap with my Imago and the Absolute Strap with my ID bag (the deciding factor being the weight typically carried).

moriond

moriond -

I'm sure I'll immediately regret this, but I did not purchase either of the "upgrade" straps. I'm considering the Q-AM, but I want to see how I end up wearing the bag before committing to a strap style.

I don't have an ID, but I own many Cafe Bags. Your wife will be delighted with hers, the craftsmanship, durability and style of the Cafe Bag is second to none.

Don't be surprised if your wife asks for additional Cafe Bags in various colors and sizes.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-04-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
    I'm sure I'll immediately regret this, but I did not purchase either of the "upgrade" straps. I'm considering the Q-AM, but I want to see how I end up wearing the bag before committing to a strap style.
    Nah, that's just good strategy! When your wife loves her cafe bag, you have an excuse to do more shopping.

Trust me... buyers remorse will disappear in about 18 hours after you recieve your package. It starts to dissapate as you open the box. You'll start playing with it and loading up your stuff... then you take it out of the house for a spin. And the love begins.

(18 hours assumes that you get it in the evening and take it to work the next day. Actual results and timing may vary.)

FWIW, I have both the older version of the Absolute strap, AND the Q-AM for my ID. I switch between them depending on my needs. It's a good idea to try it out first and see what works for you!

Congrats and good luck!
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

I figured I'll be ordering an ipad cache in another 7 weeks or so and I'll just add a strap upgrade at the same time.

Does TB ever do any free shipping coupons or anything? Fortunately, where I live Ground arrives in the same time a 3-day, but I was just curious...

Congrats! I adore my medium cafe bag (plum/olive) and am very close to convincing myself I need another size or color combo. If your wife is practical (sounds like she is), she'll love it. My friends always marvel at the amount of stuff I can fit into my medium cafe bag!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

It's here!

The order arrived at my office today and I opened it up just to check on everything. I think the only thing worse than TB Anticipation Syndrome is "I Have My New Bag And Can't Use It Because It Will Spoil My Wife's Surprise" Syndrome.

So I got to look but not use the bags.

My first impression is that the quality is - as expected - outstanding. My second impression is that the Medium Cafe Bag is a little bigger than I expected.

My wife - the day after I ordered the MCB - declared that she's sick and tired of her giant, old shoulder bag. I'm hoping she's more tired of the "old" than of the "giant" because the MCB is about the same size... So I may be exchanging it for a Small.

Of course, the main problem I hear her complain about is that her bag is just one giant cavern where everything gets dumped so having the organization of the MCB may be helpful.

We shall see on Sunday when I give her her gift!

Scott, any update on how your wife liked her gift?

Hey - thanks for asking!

My wife loves her Medium Cafe Bag. It accommodates everything a "hip mommy" of two kids (5.5 and 3) needs to have on-hand with plenty of room to spare. An extra pull-up, small pack of wipes, massive amounts of Purell... You know the drill.

I may have converted her... The other day she asked, "Now - you said they make this bag one size smaller, right?"

In other news, not that I'm surprised but I *heart* my ID. It's the perfect size for what I carry on a daily basis and has an iPad-shaped hole just waiting to be filled...
    Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) & Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi) for me & Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel) for my wife
    Reserves: Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Ristretto for 11" MBAir (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0