Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator

very exciting newsletter this morning!!

i was very excited to read the newsletter this morning!!

i can't wait to find out what the ultra-top secret accessory is!

surprisingly, i'm most excited about the diaper changing pad! for a moment, just a very brief moment, seeing the diaper changing pad coming out made me want to change a diaper again! then i remembered how happy i was when my son was finally potty trained a year and a half ago!

seriously - anything that makes you get excited about changing diapers is a good thing!!

I just signed up for the newsletter moments back after reading Darcy's post about the proposed release of new designs in the next newsletter. Is this the same newsletter that you are referring to? If so, where can I read the old ones?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    There's not a great way to read the old ones - yet. But we will be reposting the content from today's newsletter on the blog over the course of the week, so if you didn't receive this one, you won't miss anything!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Odd... I did not recieve it! Anywhere where we can see it online?
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Very nice! Just enough intrigue for the more patient among us.

I did not receive mine -- odd because I usually do...Hmmm.
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Is it alright if I post this? The basic text in the newsletter:

The Compass:
    The Compass is a small carry-on travel bag that Tom has been working on over the course of the last year. We've seen the latest prototype, and it's perfect. Well, we think so: Tom has a little bit more tweaking to do. It's a great size (probably smaller than you're thinking) with great organization.

Field Journal Notebook:
    Tom continues to refine the final details of the Field Journal Notebook as he uses the only existing prototype. By Tom's best guesstimate, 105% of people who see it want it.

Camera Insert:
    The Camera Insert is still in progress, not to worry. Tom has some exciting new leads on materials. What's taking so long? We're in search of the perfect fabric to laminate to the foam components that make up the Camera Insert. We've narrowed it down to two contenders - two high-tech fabrics. Both will need to be custom made for us, so don't be making sandwiches and waiting by the phone.

Two more bags debuting in February:

A travel bag designed by Tom in Summer '09 specifically for an event at the Kennedy Center. Perfect for those who don't need or want hide-away backpack straps.

And: something that will allow you to take your iPhone river rafting, or read your Kindle in the bathtub.

TOM BIHN Diaper Changing Pad
    Diaper Changing Pad
    The TOM BIHN Diaper Changing Pad will be introduced early this spring. The Diaper Changing Pad conveniently tucks inside most TOM BIHN bags effectively turning them into diaper bags. It's made out of easy-to-clean urethane coated nylon and closed-cell foam for cushy padding, comfy for baby. It's bright yellow so you'll never lose it; but no goofy bunnies or teddybears. Especially not bunnies picnicking with teddybears.

TOM BIHN Universal Camouflage Brain Bag
    Universal Camouflage Brain Bag

One of the most popular TOM BIHN bags carried by military personnel is the Brain Bag backpack. (See our Customer Pictures From Around the World page for more.) To make life a little safer for these folks we're proud to introduce the Brain Bag in Universal Camouflage (pre-order in February, shipping by late March.) If you are a customer active in the military and you already own a Brain Bag that you'd like to replace with the Universal Camouflage version, please email us or call us at 1-800-729-9607 - we'll arrange to swap.

Swift: A Design Update
    Tom has improved the design of the Swift and the Swift in Cork by adding a ballistic "rand" around the bottom of the bag. Customers in the know are aware that the three materials in which the Swift is available - 1000d Cordura (least stiff) , 1050d ballistic nylon, and Cork (most stiff) - have various levels of stiffness, which in turn determine how well the Swift stands up on its own. The new ballistic rand ensures the Swift in each different material stands up even better on its own.

We can't tell you.
    We'd tell you about this new accessory, but it's ultra-top secret. You probably wouldn't be able to guess anyhow, and we'd rather surprise you. (Robert S. knows what it is but he's sworn to secrecy. Plus we know where he lives.)
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Thank you for posting that!

I am interested in the Compass, but the Field Journal and the "mystery iPhone accessory" REALLY have me excited. I've been waiting for the field journal for some time (patiently, I might add!), and I already have a place for it.

This iPhone accessory, however, might be just the thing for a need I have had for a long time. There is no truly workable iPhone solution out there that I have found that keeps it safe in the rain (or snow, or poolside, or in sand at the beach). I am looking forward to seeing what the master cooks up here!
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

So no new Messenger styles? Guess I'll have to settle for the ID then, but I am not sure how it looks in a Black/Black/Color combo, since there are not pics available :-(

Thank you, Timarelay! I feel so much better! I cannot imagine what happened - I normally get the newsletter but not this time. Again, thank you for rescuing me from my own curiosity!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Just signed up and got the latest newsletter.

Very interesting.

Found time to post too.

I am very impatient to see pictures . . . as always! Is there a timeline on when we might get those?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    I am very impatient to see pictures . . . as always! Is there a timeline on when we might get those?
    well, the blog entry for the diaper changing pad included the picture that was in the newsletter, and the blog entry for the universal camouflage brain bag also included the picture from the newsletter...

The new accessory seems to be shaped like a pouch, but I am guessing it is not one.

Is that sapphire Dyneema peeking out of the teaser pic of the new accessory? That would be fabulous!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0