Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Very smart way to put things Darcy!

I nominate Darcy's post for best use of punctuation ever, non-emoticon division.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hehe, thanks you guys!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thumbs up

I will post up some pictures later today, but put I thought those of you who are waiting for user reviews might want this, if you bought the first one, you will want the new one! If you have been holding off, or were on the fence, I would delay no more.

Practical Hacks said it best (http://twurl.nl/olrhgl)
    Unless one of you can recommend another strap that you think can
    go head to head with the Absolute Strap, I don’t see any point in going
    forward with the additional comparison test.

AMAZING. Proves you can improve perfection.

(I use a Ego, I just weighed it without water bottles and it tips the scales at 18 lbs.)

I love my strap but I wish I had known that a new model was going to be coming out in just a few weeks - I would have waited and bought the new, improved version!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

I just got the new Absolute Shoulder strap today, but due to a UPS fumble, I got it only today instead of the intended shipped day of Friday last week — in any case, thanks Darcy and Tom!

The strap looks awesome, I only had a few minutes to try it on and there are noticeable differences in both comfort and design. The curve definitely helps keep the strap on during one-shoulder usage, but using it cross-body, which I mostly do, the curve prevents the strap from cutting too close to the neck, especially when carrying heavy loads (ie, two MBPs in the Super Ego). I've been using the QAM mostly on the Super Ego and transferred my old Absolute Strap onto the Empire Builder, but sometimes, when I carry the Super Ego with the QAM and do so in a one-shoulder huff, it falls off since the QAM is grip-less as it was designed for easy swinging when cross-body. With the new Absolute Shoulder Strap, I feel I can now have the best of both worlds. For any Tom Bihn fan or any user that carries a heavy load on a constant basis, this newly redesigned Absolute Shoulder strap is an easy must-buy, it won't lighten your load but it will make it a more comfortable experience!

I'll post pics (and a detailed product review in my blog) soon with the strap in action, in the meantime, I better get ready for my trip to San Francisco! Later folks!
    Last edited by lpotr4; 10-28-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Luis P.
    If it doesn't fit in your Tom Bihn bag, leave it behind

SailorWA: Thanks for the mention!

Interesting feedback...

I'll probably have to break down and get the new Absolute Strap. I'll have to order 2 for my Large Cafe, and my wife's, and one for my ID. It sound more comfortable though, if I'm reading the reviews right. It'll most likely be worth it.

Wow, you must carry some pretty heavy stuff in your large cafe bag to warrant an upgraded absolute strap! I love my absolute strap, but luckily I've never needed it for my cafe bag.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Well, I got it BECAUSE it was the Absolute! I can't remember, but I think I carry around 4-5 lbs. Mind you, I live in the Philippines, so that translates to 8-10 lbs. ( I think Shiva and Maverick will back me up on this)! I was originally tired of backpacks, and also wanted to move stuff out of my pockets, thus the ID and Large Cafe. The old Absolute is very comfortable, very 'forgiving'. I didn't want thin, hard straps digging into my shoulder, and the wide cushioned pad makes all the difference in the world (even Third!).

I really should try to take the time to post what I carry in the ID, and Large Cafe. Plus, a long time ago I promised Darcy a review from sunny, humid S.E. Asia, I should honor that.

Dang it! That's all I could think ever since I saw that a new strap was out. I've barely broken in my original absolute strap(s)! I don't suppose anyone would want to trade...

I'm one of those who uses an Absolute Strap on my Large Cafe Bag. Combining the Lg Cafe with my Aeronaut (backpack style) through airports would be much less bearable without the strap!

Volunteer Moderator
    So I've fallen completely in love with the new Absolute Strap. I do hope my old Absolute Straps don't feel too slighted.

The older straps are perfect props to introduce family members, friends and coworkers to Tom Bihn superior products.

The next time you see a person carrying any bag with clip on straps and sporting a sore shoulder, offer to swap their regular strap for the (old design) Absolute Strap you happen to have handy and see them offering you all kinds of money.

Look innocently at your Curved Absolute Strap and ask if they want to try that one.

Show them the website and offer to loan the old style absolute strap for the duration of their next commute, especially if they take public transportation.

Introduce her/him to the forum and see his family members, friends and other
    coworkers ask to borrow your (old design) Absolute Strap.

I think you could even charge a lending fee, lol, or get plenty of free breakfast items or even lunch for the privilege of introducing them to the best strap ever.

Last edited by backpack; 10-30-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PracHacks View Post
    SailorWA: Thanks for the mention!
    Welcome to the forums, Kevin. We've been reading the reviews at your site for a while (grin).
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    So I've fallen completely in love with the new Absolute Strap. I do hope my old Absolute Straps don't feel too slighted.
    OK, to follow up on Just's quote, and Kevin's comments in his Practical Hacks article, Absolute Strap Update: the best shoulder strap gets better, this version of the strap is even more comfortable. The fact that it's broader and there's slightly less `give' when loaded also means that there's less bounce when carrying heavy loads. Note that Kevin (PracHacks) has followed up with Shoulder strap comparison photos of many different brands.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Kevin...
    Hear, hear! Welcome, Kevin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0