Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    green or burnt orange

I'd love to see Apple Green.
    Olive/Wasabi SCB, Steel/Olive MCB, Blk/Blk/Wasabi Imago w/ Absolute Strap, Blk/Steel/Wasabi ID, Small Padded Pouch, Wallet in Olive, Mini Cork Organizer Pouch

Please keep using Steel to line the black bags. When I look at my Synapse with the zippers unzipped, I am so thankful that what shows is quiet gray, not loud yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Please keep using Steel to line the black bags. When I look at my Synapse with the zippers unzipped, I am so thankful that what shows is quiet gray, not loud yellow.
    I am a big fan of the Steel liner with all bag colors.

A blue liner would be welcomed in an Indigo and Plum bag.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-24-2009 at 10:10 PM.

I like the secret contrast of a Solar liner in the pictures of the Steel Tri-Star.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Cayenne Dyneema would be interesting, I think.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I like the apple green idea.

I also agree with Ex Machina, the secret contrast of the solar interior in the steel Tri-Star is eyepopping (in a good way!).

Quote Originally Posted by TdeF View Post
    green or burnt orange
    These two jump out for me also. I will say that in Texas burnt orange goes over well since Univ of Texas colors are burnt orange. Might go over well with alumni or even the undergrads. I'm not an alum but burnt orange is growing on me.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Why Dyneema

What is it that makes Japanese Dyneema so great that Tom Bihn has gone away from his advertised information that he uses only domestic US fabric made only domestically in the US. Has he turned into a politican & doesn't mean what he says anymore.

Can you link to this "advertised information"? The FAQ (link at top of this page) says "TOM BIHN only sells products that are made by people fairly compensated for their labor" and "Most of the fabrics that we use are made in the U.S.A. (we use a few fabrics made in Japan)".

Tom has always been up front about Dyneema being of Japanese origin, that his products are sewn in the US (Seattle), and I do not recall TB ever stating they use solely American manufactured fabrics. I think you may have misread something heisetax.

The Absolute strap is manufactured elsewhere as well, and TB has been very upfront about it, though as I recall it is made in the USA. Tom Bihn products are American Made, as they are turned out in a Seattle factory. All the sewing happens there (except for the Absolute Strap) as I understand it.

I love the sapphire you had once upon a time. Can it come back please?

dzd

Orange!

I'd choose orange too - brighter than Cayenne (as another posted mentioned). I think orange make a great interior/liner color - easy to find things, a motivating/energizing color, a nice poppy contrast with lots of other typical bag colors...

It's my favorite interior/liner color.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0