Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Ristretto for Netbooks

Any idea when final info and photos for the Ristretto for Netbooks will be available? It's not me that's asking, but my ASUS wants a new home. Thanks.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    This week!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Oooh, good news for me!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Okay...I snuck a look....it seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it would be a tight fit to get the Ristretto for Notebooks (R for N) into my Tri-Star's center compartment considering its width and without taking away too much room from the outside compartments. Is that width dimension on the R for N sturdy or can it be scrunched a little.?

FWIW, the full-size Ristretto can scrunch well, as long as you don't stuff the front compartment extremely full, so I would presume the same is true of the RfN.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

any chance we can get the measurements for the padded netbook compartment?
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Okay...I snuck a look....it seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it would be a tight fit to get the Ristretto for Notebooks (R for N) into my Tri-Star's center compartment considering its width and without taking away too much room from the outside compartments. Is that width dimension on the R for N sturdy or can it be scrunched a little.?
    Thickness-wise you simply need not fill the front pocket of the Ristretto or Ristretto for Netbooks (both Ristretti are the same in this regard) and either should fit into any of the three main compartments on the Tri-Star. Footprint-wise the R for N should fit, with perhaps a little squeezing, into the larger of the two divisions of the front compartment; also will fit into the undivided front compartment (duh) and either to the other two main compartments, assuming again, you haven't stuffed it full

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeD. View Post
    any chance we can get the measurements for the padded netbook compartment?
    Interior is approximately 276 x 193 x 25mm (10.86" x 7.59" x .98")

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Very nice!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    very nicely done! it makes me want to go out and get a netbook!

I have to say that the Cocoa/Olive pair is stunning!

Ruggedly handsome and the perfect "man bag" for any netbook owner.

I also know that the Black/Steel pair, the cool color counterpart of the warm Cocoa/Olive is equally good looking. (I own a fair amount of bags which have Black or Steel as one of the color)

The two heights for the Waist Strap is absolute genius!

well, darn, my netbook is just a wee too big!

ETA: the fit list says it will fit the Toshiba mini, but the mini's dimensions are: 10.4 x 7.6 x 1.3 inches. Can I assume if it's listed on the fit list then it'll be fine, even though the dimensions seem a bit different?

TIA!
    Last edited by Beatriz; 08-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    Beatriz
    Owned by a black/brape/wasabi Super Ego, wasabi Brain Cell, Absolute Shoulder Strap, large plum/wasabi Cafe bag, mini and small pouches in assorted colors

I thought the same thing but realize there is some "give" to the laptop compartment.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0