Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorWA View Post
    Field Journal
    Okay, so when I first heard of the field journal, I thought, ahhh, I'm not really a bird watcher. I don't know why I thought of that immediately, but I did. In fact I was so in awe of the....backpack.... when I went to the "prototype table" that I missed it. Interesting back story to the field journal and it's been a long time in the making. However, I will say, BRILLIANT! FUNCTIONAL! I Cannot wait to own one. But I will tell you, when I saw it, I thought I cannot believe that is how that works, great engineering. In fact one of my colleagues was using a type of field journal today and I was thinking, if only he had a Tom Bihn. Well, sorry I donít think I can say anymore without TB sending the local City Council candidates to my door (sorry, we live in a small town).
    Ok, now you've got me wondering if it is something that is meant purely for outdoor use, a convertible pouch/journal gizmo, maybe. Will it be suited for desktop use as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hrmeeks View Post
    Ok, now you've got me wondering if it is something that is meant purely for outdoor use, a convertible pouch/journal gizmo, maybe. Will it be suited for desktop use as well?
    I plan on using it on my desk, I would say versatile and very well thought out.

For some reason when I first heard field journal I immediately associated it with "Bird Watching", but in fact it wil be my normal meeting journal

Fantastic! Now I just need to go buy some nice new pens to go with it. I can't wait to combine two of my obsessions: Tom Bihn products and writing utensils

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    And the recipe for the biscotti!

Audrey
    This great little book contains the recipe Tom used to make the biscotti.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Okay, so when I first heard of the field journal, I thought, ahhh, I'm not really a bird watcher. I don't know why I thought of that immediately, but I did. In fact I was so in awe of the....backpack.... when I went to the "prototype table" that I missed it. Interesting back story to the field journal and it's been a long time in the making. However, I will say, BRILLIANT! FUNCTIONAL! I Cannot wait to own one. But I will tell you, when I saw it, I thought I cannot believe that is how that works, great engineering. In fact one of my colleagues was using a type of field journal today and I was thinking, if only he had a Tom Bihn. Well, sorry I donít think I can say anymore without TB sending the local City Council candidates to my door (sorry, we live in a small town).
    These teasers are killing me! Darcy - any updates at all?

No updates yet. The Field Journal Notebook is sort-of like the Synapse - each time we think the design is done, Tom adds a new feature or improves on an existing one. Although, unlike the Synapse (which took two years to debut), the Field Journal Notebook is definitely going to be available for pre-order within the next month or two.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Field Journal Notebook is sort-of like the Synapse - each time we think the design is done, Tom adds a new feature or improves on an existing one.
    darcy,

you know you're setting high expectations when you compare the field journal to the synapse!

i have to admit - the wait for the synapse was long. but when you get it in your hands, you appreciate that tom put so much time into it!

i can't wait to get my hands on the field journal!

Question

Hopefully you will have an open house when we visit Seattle next late June/ early July.
    Is here a metro route from Pike's?
    Our rental car is up in the air whether we rent after or during our Seattle stay. I know parking is a problem.

Not sure where we are staying, but we have no problem with walking.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I think I'm going to have to stop reading the forums and just look at the main page for new products ... the online equivalent of sticking my head in the sand

I can't even imagine the wait and anticipation for the EB back in the day ... it took 3 years to design.

Quote Originally Posted by eVolcre View Post
    I think I'm going to have to stop reading the forums and just look at the main page for new products ... the online equivalent of sticking my head in the sand

I can't even imagine the wait and anticipation for the EB back in the day ... it took 3 years to design.
    Because there are plenty of small backpacks in the market, the Synapse needed to be extremely innovative, we Tom Bihn fans, know that even the simple Pouches are light years ahead in term of construction and reliability.

But, most people are first attracted to a product by looks, as a result, the Synapse not only had to be different, he had to look like no other backpack and and live up to the legendary Tom Bihn bag strength as well.
    This was no small feat since each pocket means a seam and each seam means a possible weakness. Tom Bihn bags are extremely strong but I have seen bag integrity disintegration far too often to know where weaknesses are.

I have never seen a small backpack like this, with such well thought out pockets, it is just mind blowing.

In the last three years, mobile computing in the form of netbooks, e-readers and smart phones have become the norm rather than the exception, the airline industry has forced passengers to pack smaller and better.
    I think, this is why the Synapse was not released earlier, it needed to keep up with the latest technology and also some interesting society trends like bringing a reusable lunch box and beverage container at work, school or events.

I also cannot wait for the premiere of the Field Notebook.

I don't know about other forum members but Tom Bihn bags premiere have replaced movies opening in the expectation field.

Is Tom Bihn today's Fellini, Bunuel, Kurosawa, Wilder or Truffaut?
    Last edited by backpack; 09-11-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Is Tom Bihn today's Fellini, Bunuel, Kurosawa, Wilder or Truffaut?
    OK, I'll bite. And is maverick one of the auteurs in the interpretation of the message via his videos?

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    OK, I'll bite. And is maverick one of the auteurs in the interpretation of the message via his videos?
    You are soo right moriond!

Maverick video are so great and well edited, it is just wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by BPritchard View Post
    Hopefully you will have an open house when we visit Seattle next late June/ early July.
    Is here a metro route from Pike's?
    Be sure to remind us about a month or so before you are coming, and we'll make sure you are able to visit the store/factory as long as it's a weekday. There are several buses you can take from Pike Place Market that drop you off right in front of our building.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0