Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Cache

The Cache

Sadly, not yet available in a 2XXLT
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Volunteer Moderator
    very nice!

can't wait to see it!

it really is a great step forward for this product idea.
    tom really has done a good job on it !

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeD. View Post
    Sadly, not yet available in a 2XXLT
    More sizes will be added later today, including the 2XXLT and a size for Netbooks.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    More sizes will be added later today, including the 2XXLT and a size for Netbooks.
    hi darcy,

do you think you'll build one of these for the amazon kindle? or would the cache be an unnecessarily thick solution for the kindle?

Yay! This is great! I love the custom fitted netbook sleeve I used for my Mini 9, but it's got to have the noisiest Velcro closure ever.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi darcy,

do you think you'll build one of these for the amazon kindle? or would the cache be an unnecessarily thick solution for the kindle?
    I don't think we'll be making a Cache for the Kindle 2, but the Kindle DX will fit nicely inside of the Cache for Netbooks.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Cache

I love my Brain Cell and Soft Cell and use it alternately depending on needs (travels warrants the extra protection of the Brain Cell). The Cache's velcro-less and zipper-less feature is what attracts me the most, my question is how is the girth? Is it bulkier than the Soft Cell or just about the same? Will it fit or what's the size for the MacBook Pro 17 (2.6GHz 2008 model)?

Any additional info is appreciated.

PS. Hi Darcy, can you please give me more info regarding the upcoming Absolute Shoulder Strap redesigns? Thanks!
    Luis P.
    If it doesn't fit in your Tom Bihn bag, leave it behind

Any chance a vertical Cache will attach to the Synapse interior to simplify pulling out the laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by lpotr4 View Post
    I love my Brain Cell and Soft Cell and use it alternately depending on needs (travels warrants the extra protection of the Brain Cell). The Cache's velcro-less and zipper-less feature is what attracts me the most, my question is how is the girth? Is it bulkier than the Soft Cell or just about the same? Will it fit or what's the size for the MacBook Pro 17 (2.6GHz 2008 model)?
    It's not bulkier than the Soft Cell. The Size 1 Cache is designed around the very latest model of 17" MBP.

As for the Absolute Shoulder Straps - I can't reveal what those changes will be until we debut them. They do make the Absolute Shoulder Strap even more comfortable than before.

Quote Originally Posted by phobia View Post
    Any chance a vertical Cache will attach to the Synapse interior to simplify pulling out the laptop?
    No - it won't attach. However, smaller sizes of Cache - such as the Netbook, AIR, or EEE size - will be able to slip into an open-top pocket within the main compartment of the Synapse.

ARGH... I just got my soft cell. A case without velcro would work so much better in my Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzporah View Post
    ARGH... I just got my soft cell. A case without velcro would work so much better in my Swift.
    The Soft Cell is now a collector item since it is not made anymore.

When the Cache in the size you need is produced, you could sell your Soft Cell via Craiglist or such then get the Cache.

With such a cute little number, I need to get one, a netbook and a Cache.

Perfect match for the Synapse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0