Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Cache

Redesign of the Absolute Shoulder Strap? When/where was this mentioned? I'm getting the feeling that I miss a lot of the latest news for some reason -- is this all happening on Twitter these days (I don't use Twitter, but I check the blog and forums regularly)? In any case, when is this likely to debut? It's very exciting.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi tom, darcy,

what do you think about including loops on the back of the cache for annex clips the way the brain cells have?

it's a nice way to keep the cache in place inside of the bags that have annex clips, and shouldn't take away from the form or function of the cache otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi tom, darcy,

what do you think about including loops on the back of the cache for annex clips the way the brain cells have?

it's a nice way to keep the cache in place inside of the bags that have annex clips, and shouldn't take away from the form or function of the cache otherwise.
    I second this request. My biggest problem with the current soft cell/brain bag set up I have is that the soft cell comes half out the bag when removing my laptop.
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Mav, would that not defeat the Checkpoint-Friendly aspect of The Cache? I don't have a Brain Cell/Soft Cell so I don't really know the makeup of the attaching hardware on them.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Wherever the webbing loops get sewn, you'd have compressed foam - and pushing into the compressed foam would be the Annex clips. That wouldn't be a good thing for the laptop.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    hi darcy,

that's a good point! any other thoughts on how to have the cache be attached to one side of a bag?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Wherever the webbing loops get sewn, you'd have compressed foam - and pushing into the compressed foam would be the Annex clips. That wouldn't be a good thing for the laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Redesign of the Absolute Shoulder Strap? When/where was this mentioned? I'm getting the feeling that I miss a lot of the latest news for some reason -- is this all happening on Twitter these days (I don't use Twitter, but I check the blog and forums regularly)? In any case, when is this likely to debut? It's very exciting.
    We tweeted about it a couple of days ago. No time-frame or further details just yet!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

What's the size difference between Cache-Netbook M and S? Only the M is listed right now.
    Black/Crimson/Steel Ego, Crimson Brain Cell, Cocoa / Wasabi Large Café Bag, Indigo Tristar, Organizer Pouches and Packing Cubes!

Quote Originally Posted by SethKinast View Post
    What's the size difference between Cache-Netbook M and S? Only the M is listed right now.
    Disregard the M and S - there is (and will only be ) one Netbook size of Cache.

Cache arrived today

I'm really impressed with the Cache I purchased for my MacBookPro 13" unibody. The fit is perfect, and the attention to detail is as meticulous as all my other Tom Bihn products. The degree of padding seems to be just right. The fabric is smooth, but not slick. It feels nice. The interior fabric is soft and makes me feel comfortable sliding the computer in and out.

I'm going to be carrying the Cache in my Brainbag and found that the computer in the Cache drops into my old Brain Cell perfectly in vertical orientation. Double padding, but that's no problem. Very nice work once again from Tom Bihn and crew. Thanks!

(I can't wait to see how it works in the Synapse.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0