Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It will depend on your eyes. You are used to a desktop. If your eyes can handle it go for the 13. I had one years ago before my eyes went to crap. My previous machine was a 17 inch. It was unwieldy. I like my 15 inch. Also, if you need lots of power, the 15 or the 17 are the only paths.

I like the 13". It's portable, powerful and with Spaces you can organize different apps on different desktops which helps to keep it all organized.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlJ View Post
    Good for you, Howard! Enjoy it.

And to celebrate your newfound "coolness", I share with you one of my all time favorite "Family Guy" clips... Have fun!
    Thanks for the Family Guy clip, KarlJ...hehehe!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thanks for the Family Guy clip, KarlJ...hehehe!
    Hahaha... no problem, Darcy!

I have owned several Apple laptops over the years. All of them have been the 15" version. I prefer the extra screen size compared to the 13". Good luck with your new computer!

I just posted over in the pictures forum a shot of my new Smart Alec on tour in Japan containing a 4z Brain Cell for my new 15" unibody!

13" for the road - 22" on the desk!

IMHO here's my perspective. I use a 13" MBP as my single computer. I have a 22" external monitor at home and also one in my office. The latest 13" unibody MPS are solid and easier to travel with (one pound less) than the 15" (which I've been using variouse interations of MBs for the past 4-6 years) - plus the difference in price between the 13" and the 15" covers the cost of one 22" (I have Samsung and Dell externals; think I like the dell a little better) and an external keyboard/mouse. So I have the best of both worlds - a smaller easily transportable MBP, plus much larger video real estate when I'm "stationary" my office desk(s) where I do most of my long term computer work. So the 13" MBP "on the road" is easily tolerable to me. It goes with out saying, make sure you have an exernal hard disk at home and use a back up program.
    Last edited by jemmettg; 09-07-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0