Swift Bags at Sock Summit

I just got back from the Sock Summit, which was a HUGE convention for sock knitters, held in Portland, OR. I lost track of how many Swift bags I saw! Too bad TB wasn't a vendor there - I think you guys could have sold a ton of bags! A few vendors had knitting bags, but none of them compared to the Bihn bags (and most of them cost the same or more)!

I carried my medium Cafe bag, and I saw a few other people with the cafe, also.
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Heidi do no know of a convention for needlework enthusiasts?

I use Swifts bags for that purpose, the yarn is the same but the needles are different and of course there is canvas involved.

The Swift is "the best" for that!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    I just got back from the Sock Summit, which was a HUGE convention for sock knitters, held in Portland, OR.
    We really wanted to go! Maybe next time. There were, in the end, just too many new bags in the works for us to leave for four days. Glad you had a good time and that you spotted so many Swifts!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I wish I could have been there too! I hear Portland has a decent knitting scene. I would have been happy to show off my Cork Swift =) Maybe next year.

I think the next one will be in Toronto based on the rumor mill.
    I had my Swift with me. When someone mentions a great new knitting bag I usually check it out. It never measures up to the Swift. Plus, the Swift comes with the stuff sack included. I see many bags similar which are sold for about $15-20. None of the other knitting bags include anything like this.

Yes, there is a very flimsy nylon bag, almost identical to the Stuff Sack (but without the clear bottom or clip) that's being sold for $20.

I had my lovely Stuff Sack clipped to the outside of my Cafe bag.
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    I think the next one will be in Toronto based on the rumor mill.
    I had my Swift with me. When someone mentions a great new knitting bag I usually check it out. It never measures up to the Swift. Plus, the Swift comes with the stuff sack included. I see many bags similar which are sold for about $15-20. None of the other knitting bags include anything like this.
    Oh, I would have loved to go.

It would not surprise, given Tina and Stephanie, to alternate between Portland and Toronto.

Most of the pictures I saw had a Swift or a Stuff Sack somewhere in the background. And, as for a great knitting bag, I bought (and returned) several before I came back to my beloved cork Swift.
    Imago in cocoa/cocoa/wasabi, Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, steel stuff sack, steel pen/pencil pouch, plum clear organizer wallet, small cork pouch and steel/cork/wasabi Imago

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0