Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    yeah maverick, pretty much everything is easily replaceable.

most likely its exactly what they where using at that event.
    its kind of the industry standard, at least in my experience.
    i know quit a bit of people who work in various audio and video fields who swear by them.

but they are great for everyday use as well.

i am sure you will enjoy them.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi kcee,

yes, i was reading about the choices of cables for the sennheiser headphones. i am amazed that there are cables that cost more than the headphones themselves!

they arrive tomorrow - looking forward to hearing them! while i may look at cable options once i've broken them in, i don't think i'll be going with the cardas or zu mobius .

Quote Originally Posted by kcee View Post
    yeah maverick, pretty much everything is easily replaceable.

most likely its exactly what they where using at that event.
    its kind of the industry standard, at least in my experience.
    i know quit a bit of people who work in various audio and video fields who swear by them.

but they are great for everyday use as well.

i am sure you will enjoy them.

Volunteer Moderator

bose in-ear headphones

with regard to options from bose, there is a recent review of their in-ear offering at the-gadgeteer:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/08/19/...phones-review/

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    they arrive tomorrow - looking forward to hearing them!
    hi folks,

i've spent some time with the sennheiser hd25-1 ii's this evening. i can't comment on the sound because i haven't broken them in yet. however, i have to admit that my first impression with the comfort and fit is that they are not as comfortable as the bose triport headphones (which are now broken). they are also far better built than the bose triport headphones.
    Last edited by maverick; 08-21-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    -m

Mav, are you basing the comfort on a seemingly tighter fit? This is a common complaint I hear mostly with new Sennheiser HD 280. What are you driving the HD 25-1-II with?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlJ View Post
    Mav, are you basing the comfort on a seemingly tighter fit? This is a common complaint I hear mostly with new Sennheiser HD 280. What are you driving the HD 25-1-II with?
    hi karlj,

i don't know if it's a tight fit because they are new, or because of the design. the triport's i have are circum-aural, and the sennheiser hd25-1 ii's are supra-aural. the sennheiser's are sitting on top of my ears while the bose would sit around my ears.

i've used them with my iphone and macbook. we also used them with air canada's inflight entertainment system, but that's not really how they will end up getting used most of the time .

i have to say the sound quality is excellent, better than the shure se210's i mostly use.
    Last edited by maverick; 08-23-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added comment on use and sound quality.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    popular mechanics reviews the bose qc15's:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4328464.html

Volunteer Moderator
    Question to Karlj:

How do you compare the sound quality of the HD 25-1-II with the Sennheiser HD 280 (which I've had for some years, and agree with you about the tight fit when new)? For all the talk about sound quality, if I'm traveling on an airplane and using headphones, what I most want is noise cancellation and reasonable comfort -- which are not the points that everyone has chimed in about on this thread. Chances are that I won't even be using these to play music in that environment, and if I'm playing something it's likely to be an audio book where the frequency response is not so much of an issue. I might be using the headphones without any inputs. Opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlJ View Post
    moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    these bluetooth headsets from sennheiser sound quite interesting if you'd like to cut the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Question to Karlj:

How do you compare the sound quality of the HD 25-1-II with the Sennheiser HD 280 (which I've had for some years, and agree with you about the tight fit when new)?
    Both perform very well. The HD 25-1-II sound a little brighter and cleaner to me, and don't seem to be maxed out if using them with a higher output source. Whereas the HD 280 Pro are a very good buy, the HD 25-1-II are more of an investment, and a very good one I think.
    For all the talk about sound quality, if I'm traveling on an airplane and using headphones, what I most want is noise cancellation and reasonable comfort -- which are not the points that everyone has chimed in about on this thread.
    Only because I personally prefer over the ear designs, I'm inclined to give the nod to the HD 280's here. But not having a detachable cable is a deal breaker for me... which is why for travel I stick with my Sony MDR-NC60 which I will often use with no source attached at all.
    Chances are that I won't even be using these to play music in that environment, and if I'm playing something it's likely to be an audio book where the frequency response is not so much of an issue. I might be using the headphones without any inputs. Opinions?
    The on-ear design of the HD 25-1-II should lend itself well to spoken voice and audiobooks with only minimal reductions in noise isolation. I might suggests they'd ordinarily be overkill unless you wanted reference monitor performance. But they perform so well, I'd say make the investment in the HD 25-1-II.

as far as the hd 25's and sound isolation go, it really dpepends on your ear too.
    and how well they mount up to your ear, me personally i have small ears.
    so they work wonderfully in creating a well balanced environment, keeping noise out and the tunes in.

also on the hd 25's i would recommend getting the velour ear pad replacements, not only do i find them more comfortable but they will last much longer.

but i could see someone with larger ears having issues.

if comfort is most important i would say check out the hd 595's, i use those around the house and sometimes when editing stuff have them on for 4 or 5 hours with no comfort issues.they are open though, so people will be able to hear what you are listening to somewhat, i don't take these out of the house really.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0