TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New: TOM BIHN Sleeves for Amazon Kindle

TOM BIHN Medium Organizer Pouches are the perfect size for protecting and storing the Amazon Kindle. We've selected the three versions of Medium Organizer Pouch we feel work best with the Kindle and grouped them under one category as "Sleeves for Amazon Kindle" These three versions are Padded ($11; in-stock), Cork ($20; available for pre-order, ships mid-September), and Ultrasuede ($20; available for pre-order, ships mid-September). All three versions feature #5 YKK coil zipper with plastic sliders, which are lighter than metal zippers and won't scratch your Kindle. See the Sleeves for Amazon Kindle here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Darcy; 08-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Very kool... don't even have to remove it to use it (using the clear pouch, of course).

Padded organizer pouch for the Kindle

Darcy,
    I used the medium organizer pouch for my kindle as well. I posted an Idea for a few changes in the product ideas section of the forum. Simply making a padded organizer pouch with a clear back and splash-proof zipper on the front side with the padding.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbradburn View Post
    Darcy,
    I used the medium organizer pouch for my kindle as well. I posted an Idea for a few changes in the product ideas section of the forum. Simply making a padded organizer pouch with a clear back and splash-proof zipper on the front side with the padding.
    Tom is currently designing a clear version: you're right that the current Clear Medium Organizer Pouch almost works but needs some tweaking.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Wink In tune with Tom Bihn

It's funny how "intune' I have been with the release of new products from Tom Bihn. I only check the forums once in awhile. The last time was the day the Tri-Star was released for pre-order. (I ordered one and I love it!) Today I was thinking about how I used my medium organizer pouch for my kindle and how with a few small changes it would be a great solution. So I came and posted my ideas and within minutes the medium organizer pouches are being marketed as Kindle cases. You guys must be sending out some kind of mind controlling signal through the internet, that would explain why I keep having the urge to buy more Tom Bihn bags. (waiting for the Synaps)

Quote Originally Posted by jlbradburn View Post
    It's funny how "intune' I have been with the release of new products from Tom Bihn.
    I think other forum members may be asking you when you next plan to visit the forums so they'll have a hint as to when the Synapse will debut! (Hint: sometime next week.)

I have the original Kindle...will the new Kindle sleeves fit that one as well?

I really like the notion of using an organizer pouch for the Kindle, especially one in ultrasuede. I do have a concern about using the pouch for travel. The screen of the Kindle seems to be more susceptible to breaking than I like without some form of protection.

I have a Kindle2 and would be scared to put it in my travel bag without some type of rigid screen cover and I currently use a cover made by another company when I am traveling. An ultrasuede pouch for the kindle with a rigid panel on one side (?maybe sewn between two panels of ultrasuede) would be perfect for me. Just my $0.02...

I'm assuming this is for the Kindle 2 - is that so? Might want to mention which model this particular sleeve is for. I have the Kindle 1 and the Kindle DX, but not the Kindle 2.

Is there a sleeve in the works for the Kindle DX? A cork one would already be in my cart if it was available for the DX. Gorgeous! (And a great match for my cork Swift.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    I really like the notion of using an organizer pouch for the Kindle, especially one in ultrasuede. I do have a concern about using the pouch for travel. The screen of the Kindle seems to be more susceptible to breaking than I like without some form of protection.

I have a Kindle2 and would be scared to put it in my travel bag without some type of rigid screen cover and I currently use a cover made by another company when I am traveling. An ultrasuede pouch for the kindle with a rigid panel on one side (?maybe sewn between two panels of ultrasuede) would be perfect for me. Just my $0.02...
    The ultrasuede pouches are gorgeous, and the new Leaf Green color is very nice. I'll have to add some to my order when we are finally able to order the Synapse (hint, hint). I currently have the Cayenne Ultrasuede, Cork, and padded (Platinum) medium size pouches (and I initially used the regular Cordura pouch for the Kindle 2).

I currently use the standard Amazon case for the Kindle 2 to provide more protection. This makes its profile with cover on about twice as thick, and it doesn't quite fit into the medium pouches. I can just about insert this into the Cordura case, but not without some stress on the zipper. It's a no go with the medium padded case.

Volunteer Moderator

Cork Kindle Sleeves -- Available When?

Hi Darcy,

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    TOM BIHN Medium Organizer Pouches are the perfect size for protecting and storing the Amazon Kindle. We've selected the three versions of Medium Organizer Pouch we feel work best with the Kindle and grouped them under one category as "Sleeves for Amazon Kindle" These three versions are Padded ($11; in-stock), Cork ($20; available for pre-order, ships mid-September), and Ultrasuede ($20; available for pre-order, ships mid-September). All three versions feature #5 YKK coil zipper with plastic sliders, which are lighter than metal zippers and won't scratch your Kindle. See the Sleeves for Amazon Kindle here.
    When I go to check the Cork Organizer Pouches, all sizes (including the medium size pouches) are listed as in stock, but when I check the Sleeves for Amazon Kindle product page, the Cork pouches are listed as available for pre-order and shipping in September. Which is the case (excuse the pun)?

@fbrown627: These sleeves may also work for the first generation Kindle, which is slightly thicker, but otherwise very similar in size. The Kindle 1 at its thickest seems to be marginally thinner than my Kindle 2 in its case (e.g., see pictures at this web site), which fits in but presses against the zipper when I slip it in.

moriond

Nice Idea

The Tom Bihn folks sent me my Sony Reader pouch for Christmas a few years ago. I use the cover on the Reader and drop it in the accessory case so there is plenty of protection and the suede is so soft. But one of those nice padded cases in cork is calling my name for all the other Reader/Kindle sized gadgets (usb dvd burners, hard drives).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Okay, somehow I missed the LEAF GREEN ULTRASUEDE!!!

Gosh.. I really don't need one.. but so want!!
    OK, this has just arrived, and you guys have GOT to make these Leaf Green and Cayenne Utrasuede pouches in the small size, too. Needless to say, the color looks even better in person than it does in these pictures.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    OK, this has just arrived, and you guys have GOT to make these Leaf Green and Cayenne Utrasuede pouches in the small size, too. Needless to say, the color looks even better in person than it does in these pictures.

moriond
    indeed, the leaf green and cayenne medium organizer pouches are beautifully executed! i was just thinking the other day that they are such lovely fall colors!

hmmmm... coordinating your tom bihn pouches according to the season... i like that idea!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0