Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Field Notebook teaser on Twitter

Can we see some pictures? Details?

I use tons of notebooks & journals. I know I'll want several if they're made by Tom Bihn. Really looking forward to this!

I was just about to post about it and went to the blog to see if I had missed any pictures.

The Field Notebook and the Synapse, I can't wait!

It might inspire me to go back to school so you'll be able to "blame" the TB crew if I become a snooty PhD

Note that this is not a stab at PhD's, getting those 3 letters requires hard work and dedication.

The stages of matriculation are:
    1. BS degree - We know what that stands for.
    2. MS degree - More of the same.
    3. Phd degree - piled higher and deeper
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I couldn't edit my previous post but I saw on twitter that the parts for the Field Notebook where coming from Vienna.

Which Vienna? Austria, Virginia, Michigan...

I missed the update! How long until it gets here? Ditto on pictures and details!

I am really excited for this... I go everywhere with a journal/sketchbook, and I have a nice home picked out in my ID and BB for this goodie. My TB "cookie jar" is being stocked just for this occasion!
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    No further pictures or details until pre-order day... we're continuing to work out some details regarding accessories. It should be up within the next two weeks.

The parts are coming from Vienna, Austria - surprisingly, <i>the</i> place to get them.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

So parts imported from around the globe but assembled in USA?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    So parts imported from around the globe but assembled in USA?
    We don't "assemble" - our Seattle factory manufactures Tom's designs. Most of the materials and components we use are manufactured within the United States, but some parts - including ring metals from Austria and our Dyneema/nylon fabric from Japan - are not manufactured here.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Is it Moleskine retirement time? Do we have any future Hemingways or Picassos on the board for the inset?

Any chance of a teaser or hint?

I think Tom Bihn Inc is showing pictures the minute the item is available for pre-order and not before because they have become a force in the market.

Tom's designs are extremely innovative, I believe that all manufacturers patent their designs. The minimal lapse between the first definite version of the bag and the unveiling to us, Tom Bihn fans, is probably necessary to send the design to the patent office.

In these times of fierce competition, I am willing to wait a little longer to see a new TB bag.

I admit that, even for me, the Synapse wait is akin to "Waiting for Godot".

The Field notebook is not far behind in the anticipation area.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Logical points and they make sense. But I'm still going to keep asking

I say that any customer who a) has bought above 3 items and b) been a member of the forums for more than a year gets to be a VIP and drool over up and coming designs ;-)

Including my assorted straps and pouches I'm up to 8 ...

What's 'Waiting for Godo'?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eVolcre View Post
    What's 'Waiting for Godo'?
    This is a reference to Samuel Beckett's play, Waiting for Godot

Very funny reference.

I, for one, promise not to leak any pre-production photos if they happen to be available...!

I already have a nice, warm home picked out for one of these when they are ready!
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0