Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gorkon View Post
    My one criticism of the Tristar might be that it's not entirely TSA approved for leaving your laptop in it's case....but you can probably just pop the brain cell out and leave everything else there.
    yes - keep in mind the brain cell does not meet tsa requirements because of the outside pocket and metal snaps on the horizontal brain cell. but many people have reported sending their laptop inside the brain cell through the security checkpoint without issue.

the soft cell and the checkpoint flyer laptop case are both tsa compliant, and you could put these inside of the tri-star.
    Last edited by maverick; 05-01-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    -m

Real Good Point.

I actually have a sleeve that's marginal for this from Designer Sleeves. If I don't use it's pocket, the laptop us free and clear. If I do, it will have a cord laying on top which is a no no for this.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    yes - keep in mind the brain cell is not tsa approved because of the outside pocket and metal snaps on the horizontal brain cell. but many people have reported sending their laptop inside the brain cell through the security checkpoint without issue.

the soft cell and the checkpoint flyer laptop case are both tsa compliant, and you could put these inside of the tri-star.

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I'd be skeptical about whether the Tristar would work as a carryon on those dinky regional jets. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit in the mini overhead compartments, and I'm not too confident about under the seats, either. But I would be more than willing to try--worst case scenario is that you'd have t gate check it.
    I've flown on those little jets a couple times, and while the overheads are quite small, my Aeronaut went in OK with only a little squeezing. so I would think the TriStar would fit, as long as it wasn't stuffed to the gills.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Does anyone know the interior dimensions of the center compartment? I'm wondering if I could fit a pair of shoes (or two) in there...
    Also, is the center compartment padded at all?
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Actually, I suspect the Aeronaut may be better than the Tristar for fitting into the small commuter jet overhead bins. It can be more easily molded to fit its surroundings, whereas the Tristar is more like the Western Flyer in terms of its bodily integrity. I have a trip planned in the late fall where the first leg is on a Horizon Air commuter plane, and I will be bringing the Tristar as my one-bag, so eventually I will find out one way or the other. I imagine others will discover the answer sooner, though.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0