Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Three front (horizontal) pockets...
    Three main compartments....
    Three ways to carry it...

Tristar!
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Darcy,

Thanks for updating the packing cubes page with dimensions for the Tri-star cubes.
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I have to figure out which size packing cubes to get with my order; it would be great to update the packing cubes page to include the Tristar packing cube dimensions at the upper right.
    Can you also add a link to the Tri-star at the upper right of the Side Effect page (where it says: Makes a great travel accessory for the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, or Tri-Star?)

Another question: the Side Effect comes with both shoulder strap and waist strap. It looks as though the 3D Clear Organizer Cube has a similar outer design on the side to the Side Effect. Could you use the same shoulder strap from the Side Effect with the 3D Clear Organizer Cube? And by the same token could you use one of the 8" or 14" keystraps on the 3D Clear Organizer Cube add-ons to tether the Side Effect inside another bag? Er, don't want to be too obvious about the pages that I'm ordering from.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 04-28-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Darcy,

A couple of questions:

Can we see a picture of Indigo and Sapphire side by side?

How much Indigo do you have? Will the Indigo/Solar still be in stock when the Synapse is released? The Tristar is the travel bag I've been looking for for years but I want to combine shipping with the Synapse when it comes out (we will probably order 2 Synapses!).

It looks fantastic! Now for the Synapse! (Still upset that it won't be in Kelly.)

Audrey

Oops, I edited my post above and thought it didn't save (but I guess it did).

Any plans for Black/Solar?
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

tristar and packing
    would you be able to fit a large packing cube in two of the compartments and a pair of shoes or two in the other?

just trying to figure out capability

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Audrey,

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Will the Indigo/Solar still be in stock when the Synapse is released? The Tristar is the travel bag I've been looking for for years but I want to combine shipping with the Synapse when it comes out (we will probably order 2 Synapses!).

It looks fantastic! Now for the Synapse! (Still upset that it won't be in Kelly.)

Audrey
    I, too, am waiting for a Synapse (in plum). My understanding is that the Synapse will be released in Cordura (like the Brain Bag), and not in Ballistic nylon (like the Smart Alec). The indigo material covers ballistic nylon bags like the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, and Tri-Star. We might see indigo in and ID bag, (ballistic nylon) Swift, or (ballistic nylon) Imago. The latter two cases are bags that are available either in Cordura or Ballistic Nylon combinations. (And by the way, Kelly is a Cordura color, so the Synapse could come out in this color in a later release.)

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I also have a Black/Indigo Checkpoint Flyer to take a picture of.
    Hi Audrey,

I, too, am waiting for a Synapse (in plum). My understanding is that the Synapse will be released in Cordura (like the Brain Bag), and not in Ballistic nylon (like the Smart Alec). The indigo material covers ballistic nylon bags like the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, and Tri-Star. We might see indigo in and ID bag, (ballistic nylon) Swift, or (ballistic nylon) Imago. The latter two cases are bags that are available either in Cordura or Ballistic Nylon combinations. (And by the way, Kelly is a Cordura color, so the Synapse could come out in this color in a later release.)

moriond
    Don't forget the Checkpoint Flyer in Indigo!

One of my favorite things about it is the logo: "Tri"-angular shape, the three stars, and love the blue background.

(And by the way, Kelly is a Cordura color, so the Synapse could come out in this color in a later release.)
    Darcy has said that Kelly will not be a colour for the Synapse. My husband will definitely go for the Sapphire so that leaves me pondering the plum or something else. I'm not sure that I like Olive - it's too "army-ish" in colour and I tend to feel that this is a bad colour for travel.

Audrey

I have an Aeronaute but in a vintage color so it stays home.

The Tristar is gorgeous, that Indigo is just dreamy!

I am however no closer to choose between an Aeronaute, a Western Flyer or a Tristar as a second carry-on bag.

I wish commuter airlines would ditch rollaboard from overhead space to a mandatory check in so I could fit all my Tom Bihn bags comfortably.

Just noticed the Aeronaut is available in Indigo/steel and Indigo/solar!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Just noticed the Aeronaut is available in Indigo/steel and Indigo/solar!
    Yes, and the Checkpoint Flyer is available for order in Black/Indigo. No updates so far on the Western Flyer color options.

Volunteer Moderator
    hehe. yes, the 24mm also .

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    Stop looking into my camera bag! Except you forgot the 24mm.

I think the Tristar will make a perfect second bag for long trips (1+ months) that involve work and that requires me to bring my laptop, books & papers.

Really nice bag!! good job guys!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I wish commuter airlines would ditch rollaboard from overhead space to a mandatory check in so I could fit all my Tom Bihn bags comfortably.
    on the smaller jets, i've seen a lot of people do plane side checkins for their rolling suitcases because they don't fit overhead. they get them back plane side when the flight lands.

as much as i prefer to abstain from rolling carryon suitcases, so many people use them almost exclusively.

by the way, a heavily packed rolling carryon suitcase (which weighs quite a bit in and of itself) coupled with an overhead bin malfunctioning is a very bad combination. a good friend of mine had one of these rolling carryon suitcases end up on her head when an overhead bin opened. it didn't feel very good.

i don't want any bag falling on my head! but if that did happen, i would take a soft aeronaut, tristar or western flyer over a rolling carryon suitcase any day! just don't pack bricks inside of it .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0