Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Smile Nice project that's come to life!

Ordered one Tristar Black/Steel, four packing cubes, Absolute strap, extra cord pulls and already have a horizontal brain cell for my Dell laptop.

Kudos on the design and good luck with the product(s)!

I don't know why Tom didn't make it slightly bigger, so that it can fit bigger laptops.

Airline carry-on regulations maybe ?

It's too bad it won't fit my laptop, because it is otherwise the perfect bag !

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David dP View Post
    I don't know why Tom didn't make it slightly bigger, so that it can fit bigger laptops.

Airline carry-on regulations maybe ?
    That's exactly why. You can use a Size 2M Horizontal Soft Cell in the Tri-Star.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    it's like having 35mm, 50mm and 85mm prime lenses.
    Stop looking into my camera bag! Except you forgot the 24mm.

Anyone know if a medium cafe bag will fit (thickness wise) in the middle section of the Tri-star? Don't want to order the cafe if it doesn't fit.

Regarding the Tri-Star--can't decide between black/steel or steel/solar......leaning towards steel/solar. (Every bag I own is black...perhaps it's time for some variety.)

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    Anyone know if a medium cafe bag will fit (thickness wise) in the middle section of the Tri-star? Don't want to order the cafe if it doesn't fit.
    The Medium Cafe Bag will definitely fit in the middle section.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    I have to figure out which size packing cubes to get with my order; it would be great to update the packing cubes page to include the Tristar packing cube dimensions at the upper right. Great view of the water bottle in pocket in mouseover view f and g. For a size comparison with the Aeronaut and Western Flyer, see this sizeasy.com link. Will there be more products in indigo ballistic nylon forthcoming?

Oh, what a smile I'm wearing. Well done... well done, indeed.
    And I see it fits the 2S Brain Cell, too! Outstanding. So I'm leaning towards a Steel/Solar, but it's got to be gorgeous in black as well. Speaking of black, did Black/Solar miss the list by accident? Just curious. Anyway... well done, once again!

the indigo is gorgeous! oh, if only the aeronaut had been available in indigo when i bought it in february. but maybe the synapse...?

anyhow, beautiful bag!

What a great bag, it's like a slightly larger, more flexible Western Flyer. I regularly take my WF for 2-3 night business travel, so this could easily go a week. It's especially useful to have a spot sized for a 3-ring binder, packing one of those usually feels like an inefficient use of space due to its dimensions, and if you cram other things around it as filler it becomes difficult to quickly remove the binder.

Also, the indigo is fantastic. I have always been a sucker for dark blue, especially combined with gold. Any chance the mythical Synapse might be offered in this new color or even better, indigo/solar?

I love that color! Sadly, I leave in 5 days so it won't be coming with me on this trip.
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I have to figure out which size packing cubes to get with my order; it would be great to update the packing cubes page to include the Tristar packing cube dimensions at the upper right.
    Tri-Star cube dimensions:
    Small Packing Cubes:
    12.8 x 7.4 x 2.3" (325 x 188 x 60mm)
    Medium Packing Cube:
    12.8 x 11.3 x 2.3" (325 x 288 x 60mm)
    Large Packing Cube:
    18.7 x 12.8 x 2.3" (475 x 325 x 60mm)

So if we see a distinct turn-around in the US economy in the next month or so, we'll know it was due to Tom Bihn releasing a new bag and causing a... ahem... buhn rush...

Yvette

Holy cow, this bag looks awesome!!
    I can't wait to get my hands on one!

The Indigo looks really cool, but I can't help feel a little disappointment that its not available in Black/Solar.
    Any plans for this? Maybe special requests?
    Last edited by mruseless; 04-28-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sco1t View Post
    Nice colour! Looks like a fantastic bag.

Darcy, would you be able to post a picture of the Western Flyer next to the Tristar at some point?

Regards,
    Scott
    Scott,

Good idea! Hopefully tomorrow....I also have a Black/Indigo Checkpoint Flyer to take a picture of.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0