Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    i know what will happen. i have a meeting this evening east coast time. it will be introduced when i am not able to see it until much later... that's ok.
    awwww keb! i hear your pain! you never know - the page may be published before the day's over!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Alright - here's what we're going to do!

The Tri-Star is going to come with metal pulls, but we are going to include a package of Cord Zipper Pulls with the bag. One can keep the metal pulls, or cut them off and attach the Cord Zipper Pulls.
    Out of curiosity, is it easy to cut off metal pulls at home? Have any of you tried it?

Nice colour! Looks like a fantastic bag.

Darcy, would you be able to post a picture of the Western Flyer next to the Tristar at some point?

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by fbrown627 View Post
    I found the webpage.....still a work in progress.......just saw the first photo and sadly, it's a deal breaker for me...

Cord pulls instead of metal zipper pulls...I'm really depressed.

Useless if I can't put a lock on the main compartments.....

Bummed out.....
    So...how'd you "find it"? I also am on the east coast and will be away from my computer for the evening. I'd very much love to see it (and maybe preorder) asap.

I found it too...I wants me one something fierce!

keb
    hmmmmmmmm... something's afoot......
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

It's pretty easy if you know anything about web design and site structures.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    No more peeking at the page!! We are almost done!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Soooo....what's the name of the camera insert

keb
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Out of curiosity, is it easy to cut off metal pulls at home? Have any of you tried it?
    I have never cut off the metal pulls. But putting on the cord pulls is a piece of cake....
    Last edited by keb; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: didn't want to sound like i was telling anyone not to cut off the pulls, just that i hadn't done it....
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No more peeking at the page!! We are almost done!
    we're like children inside a toy store, darcy. you tell a child not to look under that there cover because there is a really cool new toy there.

guess what? they're going to be drawn to exactly what you tell them not to look at!

but that, also, is part of the fun! >:-)

I have to agree....

And would sure love to order that camera insert along with a Tristar today, seeing how payday is right around the corner =)

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    we're like children inside a toy store, darcy. you tell a child not to look under that there cover because there is a really cool new toy there.

guess what? they're going to be drawn to exactly what you tell them not to look at!

but that, also, is part of the fun! >:-)

I was just thinking that Darcy must be saying "Next time they ask when something is coming out all I'm going to say is SOON".

Nah. It's all about the buzz.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bagchick View Post
    Nah. It's all about the buzz.
    wow! the buzz is getting an update today?

see - this is how you start a rumor

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0