Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,357

    The 3D Clear Organizer Cube!

    The 3D Clear Organizer Cube!

    This is way cool!

  2. #2
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,515
    You found it! Official introduction in a few minutes here....

    Tomorrow: a small accessory/retrofit and the Tristar. And that's it for a little while.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    100
    Oooh! Definitely! Long wait, but looks well worth it. It's about time somebody made a high quality version of this. Is it guaranteed to meet TSA standards?

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You found it! Official introduction in a few minutes here....
    yes - i was looking at the all products page and there it was!

    you have no idea how excited i was to see that! for quite some time, i've been using a clear quarter packing cube to carry my liquids through security. while i have gotten away with it, it did get a second look the last time i was traveling. so this is a welcome product!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tomorrow: a small accessory/retrofit and the Tristar. And that's it for a little while.
    you're spoiling us!... keep it up!

  5. #5
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Oooh! Definitely! Long wait, but looks well worth it. It's about time somebody made a high quality version of this. Is it guaranteed to meet TSA standards?
    There's no such thing as a guarantee about that, but it is designed according to TSA guidelines.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    100
    That's understandable. I can carry a backup ziploc the first few times I use it in case anyone complains.

    Quick question: if one were to attach an 14" key strap to both external rings, would it be long enough to, say, hang from a towel rack?

    I like how the new key straps have the TB tag sewn in.
    Last edited by yeti; 04-27-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: I meant a 14" key strap, not an 8"

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    225
    Oh, now that is just too sick (that's "sick" in a good way, as the kids say). I love it!

    I have to start breathing deep now... it's almost here...

  8. #8
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    That's understandable. I can carry a backup ziploc the first few times I use it in case anyone complains.
    The TSA won't "guarantee" any 3-1-1 bag - not one made by any other company and not even a ziploc. You should be as fine using the 3D Clear Organizer Cube as using a ziploc.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  9. #9
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti View Post
    Quick question: if one were to attach an 14" key strap to both external rings, would it be long enough to, say, hang from a towel rack?
    Hmm...what might be even better would be a shorter version of the shoulder strap from the Side Effect. Sort-of like a clip-on handle.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm...what might be even better would be a shorter version of the shoulder strap from the Side Effect. Sort-of like a clip-on handle.
    Yes, better indeed! Actually, that length is even more useful, because sometimes when I'm in line for security, I pull out my 3-1-1 bag in advance --it would be mighty handy to hang it from my shoulder until I reach the scanning machines.

    Wow, I'm really excited about this.

  11. #11
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,357
    yeti,

    there are people who travel far more frequently than i do and are in a postion to provide a better qualified answer. but i can share with you my experience...

    i have been carrying the clear quarter organizer cube with my liquid and non-liquid toiletries for quite some time now, through security check points within the u.s., europe and india. the clear quarter organizer cube has a *much* larger capacity than the permitted 1 liter. and no one has told me to move my liquids to a ziplock bag. as i mentioned, the last time i traveled, the security officer gave the bag a second look. but he let it go.

    the 3D Clear Organizer Cube will be within the 1 liter guidelines.

    so i don't expect any issues with it as it goes through security.

    it is a great convenience not to have to have move articles as you go through security. this was similarly the motivation behind the checkpoint flyer. it is also better for the environment to no have to use ziplock bags for the sake of going through security.

    so, with products like this, the environment wins because we use less disposable bags. we win because we save time and because it is one good looking little package. and tom bihn wins because they have yet another very cool product offering. it's a bihn-win-win-win!

  12. #12
    keb
    keb is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    226
    very cool. friday, now today, then the tristar tomorrow, and a camera insert.... i keep thinking there must be fair-wage-earning oompa-loompas hard at work in Willy--- I mean Tom's factory. Of course we know that's not true... or is it??? The factory store has been closed with mysterious "elevator problems"...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

  13. #13
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,357
    i'm thinking of attaching the 3D Clear Organizer Cube via the keystrap to an o-ring inside the aeronaut's side pocket. i should be able to pull the 3D Clear Organizer Cube out but keep it attached via the keystrap, close the zipper to the aeronaut most of the way, and send the two through security. that way, i will make sure that the 3D Clear Organizer Cube isn't left behind at the security line.

    i'm *generally* pretty good about picking up my belongings after the security check. but there was one time that i left my sunglasses behind. i had them on my head and forgot that they were there. the security worker asked me to remove them and send them through the x-ray machine. i did so, but forgot to claim them on the other side. fortunately, they were still there when i realized i didn't have my sunglasses and ran back to claim them .

  14. #14
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    so, with products like this, the environment wins because we use less disposable bags. we win because we save time and because it is one good looking little package. and tom bihn wins because they have yet another very cool product offering. it's a bihn-win-win-win!
    Good point. I really love the 3D Clear Organizer Cube because it's the first 3-1-1 type bag I want to and can use for travel and also in my everyday, non-travel bag (currently the Shop Bag, Swift, or Western Flyer.) It's nice to be able to get so much use out of one organizer pouch/cube.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  15. #15
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,357

    great product pictures!

    by the way, kudos on the pictures for the 3d clear organizer cube! i love the colors of the liquids chosen for the product pictures!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0