Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    by the way, kudos on the pictures for the 3d clear organizer cube! i love the colors of the liquids chosen for the product pictures!
    Thanks! I must admit the liquids are fruit juices we had here in the office..
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southeastern NC
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tomorrow: a small accessory/retrofit and the Tristar. And that's it for a little while.
    What.... no "Oh, and one more thing....."??

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    218

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You found it! Official introduction in a few minutes here....

    Tomorrow: a small accessory/retrofit and the Tristar. And that's it for a little while.
    Could it be....? Dare I hope...? Taaa Daaa! The camera insert!?!?!?!?!
    Pleeeeeease!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,807
    Dear Tom and Darcy,

    Stop reading my mind! Or, maybe, continue.

    Last night I was looking at my collection of hair accessories and I thought, wouldn't be great if I could get something like a Kit with Clear sides and...

    Voila! Today the 3D Clear Organizer Cube appears.


    Edited to put a smilie, I thought I already included.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-27-2009 at 05:57 PM.

  5. #20
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Last night I was looking at my collection of hair accessories and I thought, wouldn't be great if I could get something like a Kit with Clear sides and...

    Voila! Today the 3D Clear Organizer Cube appears.
    The 3D Clear Organizer Cube would make an excellent case for hair accessories. Mine already has a few ponytail holders in it (along with all of the other small stuff that I carry.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  6. #21
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    What.... no "Oh, and one more thing....."??
    Maybe one more thing. But maybe the one more thing will be at the same time as the Tristar.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  7. #22
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    Could it be....? Dare I hope...? Taaa Daaa! The camera insert!?!?!?!?!
    Pleeeeeease!
    No pictures of the camera insert quite yet, but we should have an estimated pre-order date on Friday. Right now, it's up to how quickly we can get some of the special materials needed to make the insert.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,807
    I forgot, a question Darcy.

    What size of pouch would fit inside the 3D Clear Organizer Cube?

    Besides using it for hair accessories, I want to make mini yarn skein kits from my big cones and big skeins all of that color coded, of course.

    I am over the moon with the availability of so many things in Punch!
    Last edited by backpack; 04-27-2009 at 08:01 PM.

  9. #24
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,505

    Relative sizes of 3D Clear Organizer Cube, Side Effect, and Other Cubes

    Hi Backpack
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I forgot,

    What size of pouch would fit inside the 3D Clear Organizer Cube?
    According to the specs, the small organizer pouch will fit into the 3D Clear Organizer Cube if you go from the flat to filled dimensions. It has the same length (180mm) and is slightly taller (125mm vs 110mm), which means that it formally exceeds the height by the width of the piping above the zipper. In practice, if you fill the small pouch, and use the pack that the 3D clear organizer cube is 50mm deep, you'll be able to fit in a couple of small pouches. To get an idea of scale, mouse over view "a" of the 3D clear organizer cube and compare it to view "c" of the (small) clear organizer pouch. The LARA bar should give you an idea of relative size.

    I was interested in comparing the new cubes, so I went to http://www.sizeasy.com/ and created a comparison page for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube, the Clear Quarter Packing Cube, the new Side Effect, the Convertible Packing Cube and the Kit. This makes it easy to compare the size of the new 3D Clear Organizer Cube against the Clear Quarter Packing Cube that many have been using for a similar purpose (as a somewhat large "3-1-1" bag).

    moriond

  10. #25
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    285
    1) For belt-and-suspender purposes, it sure looks like a ziplock could go *inside* this! Which I think is a good idea for avoiding even the hint of a problem at the airport. I hate carrying any liquids or powders (even if they're in what are supposed to be decent little lexan / naggene containers -- similar or identical to some of the example contents shown) in a plastic baggie. With a case like this, I'm much less worried about what happens when one of those containers breaks, or is just not closed correctly, but I'd probably use an interior ziplock, too.

    2) Darcy, you should propose that Outdoor Research carry this item, too It's small enough to be a reasonable backpack accessory, and makes a good match for many of the items they sell (obviously, from the pictures with Lara bar, lexan bottles, etc).

    timothy

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi Backpack


    According to the specs, the small organizer pouch will fit into the 3D Clear Organizer Cube if you go from the flat to filled dimensions. It has the same length (180mm) and is slightly taller (125mm vs 110mm), which means that it formally exceeds the height by the width of the piping above the zipper. In practice, if you fill the small pouch, and use the pack that the 3D clear organizer cube is 50mm deep, you'll be able to fit in a couple of small pouches. To get an idea of scale, mouse over view "a" of the 3D clear organizer cube and compare it to view "c" of the (small) clear organizer pouch. The LARA bar should give you an idea of relative size.

    I was interested in comparing the new cubes, so I went to http://www.sizeasy.com/ and created a comparison page for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube, the Clear Quarter Packing Cube, the new Side Effect, the Convertible Packing Cube and the Kit. This makes it easy to compare the size of the new 3D Clear Organizer Cube against the Clear Quarter Packing Cube that many have been using for a similar purpose (as a somewhat large "3-1-1" bag).

    moriond
    Thank you for this. It's very helpful.

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10
    What are the containers featured in the photos and where did you get them? Those look like a really nice and sturdy leak proof bottles. I've been looking for bottles like that forever, but all I've been able to find is cheap leaky garbage.

  13. #28
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,295
    if i'm not mistaken, those are nalgene bottles.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    What are the containers featured in the photos and where did you get them? Those look like a really nice and sturdy leak proof bottles. I've been looking for bottles like that forever, but all I've been able to find is cheap leaky garbage.

  14. #29
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    285
    Agreed w/ maverick -- they look like the Nalgenes I bought through eBags several months ago, and which are also on sale at places like REI (and Outdoor Research, whose factory story is on the ground floor of the same building where Bihn bags are made).

    timothy

  15. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    52

    wow

    ok glad I held off on my order....
    I am loving this...so much better than plastic baggies and such a nice way to organize the small stuff!!!
    I am excited.

    Also holding off on my aeronuat decision until I see teh tristar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0