Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Side Effect!

This looks really useful!

Its just what I've needed on a couple trips I've taken, where something smaller than a backpack but larger than a wallet is needed. And the stow-away fanny pack straps are really a good idea.

I think this would be good as an in-flight bag too. You could put a small water bottle, phone, paperback book, and headphones in there. I looks like it fits in the end pocket of an Aeronaut with room to spare.

E
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    I think this would be good as an in-flight bag too. You could put a small water bottle, phone, paperback book, and headphones in there. I looks like it fits in the end pocket of an Aeronaut with room to spare.
    That's a great idea!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I want one!!!!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

keb

Cool!

Did not expect that...

Looks very useful. I can see it in my Western Flyer now in one of the front compartments next to the Kit.....

Is there any padding to the walls?
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar)

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Is there any padding to the walls?
    No padding - so you can fit more into it/fold it up more easily.

Besides the Brain Bag, I was wondering which bag I could get my husband to wear.
    I saw the Sand Mini Cafe Bag but I remembered that he said that my Mini Cafe Bag was "too heavy".

I think the Side Effect is perfect!

We are going to get it in Steel so I can steal it if the other half has trouble getting interested but I think it will be a great snack holder.

I just took a quick look.

After an extended look, I think that it could make a great bike accessories holder.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-24-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Cool, cool, cool! Too bad it won't be shipping before my trip to Canada in May! Oh well - at least I'll have it for my trip this Fall!
    Owner of Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    Cool, cool, cool! Too bad it won't be shipping before my trip to Canada in May! Oh well - at least I'll have it for my trip this Fall!
    When is your trip?

Super Moderator
    Nice!

I also have a feeling that on any but the most hawk-eyed airline, you could sneak this (clipped to self, or casually in hand) onto your plane, so you don't need to awkwardly retrieve essentials from an under-seat / over-head bag during the flight. (Which is why I usually wear on board some item of clothing with big pockets, so I have book / snacks to hand rather than in-bag.)

Glad it's available in some "masculine" colors, too

Question: is the shoulder strap long enough / configured such that it can be worn diagonally as a sort of micro-cousin to the Buzz? Might be a good super-lightweight bag for snowboarding, to hold a drink, etc.

timothy

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    When is your trip?
    Leaving May 22.
    Owner of Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    Leaving May 22.
    It's quite possible we could get one to you by then. If you really want one, I'd recommend placing an order and in the comments box during the checkout note that you need to receive it ON May 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    Question: is the shoulder strap long enough / configured such that it can be worn diagonally as a sort of micro-cousin to the Buzz? Might be a good super-lightweight bag for snowboarding, to hold a drink, etc.
    Yes! It's definitely long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's quite possible we could get one to you by then. If you really want one, I'd recommend placing an order and in the comments box during the checkout note that you need to receive it ON May 21st.
    Thank you - I will do that!

Volunteer Moderator
    wow! you don't know how long i've wanted something like this to carry the essentials!!!

i can put this inside whatever bag i'm carry - whether it's the ego, the smart alec or a cafe bag. i can pull it out and take it with me when i'm going out for lunch, carry just the essentials and leaving everything else behind. and i can take it with me when all i need are the essentials!

i was looking at the pictures and am thinking about where everything would go...

i'd like to try my wallet in the back zippered pocket. could we have an o-ring in there?

the main compartment will take a pen, a writing pad, i phone, and earbuds in a mini padded organizer pouch. depending on what i am doing and what else i am carrying, i could put my camera or a water bottle in the main compartment also!

i am very excited to get my hands on one of these!

Mini cafe bag?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Besides the Brain Bag, I was wondering which bag I could get my husband to wear.
    I saw the Sand Mini Cafe Bag but I remembered that he said that my Mini Cafe Bag was "too heavy".
    Wait, MINI cafe bag? Have I missed this one?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0