Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    how well would the side effect fit in a medium cafe bag?
    It fits beautifully, with lots of room to spare!
    Owner of TriStar (aubergine/steel), Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

Did I miss something? Are they already being shipped? I was waiting to place an order so that everything would ship at once.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Did I miss something? Are they already being shipped? I was waiting to place an order so that everything would ship at once.
    not yet. buzzard got the platinum tb service because he has an upcoming trip. see the thread in the bag review section.

Lets suppose I wanted something similar to the Side Effect, but with no waist strap and perhaps a grab handle. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Lets suppose I wanted something similar to the Side Effect, but with no waist strap and perhaps a grab handle. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The Clear Quarter Packing Cube has the grab handle and is clear, link below

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0915

The Convertible Packing Cube/Shoulder Bag with a Simple Shoulder Strap or two
    16" Key Straps.
    It is a bit bigger than the side effect, is made of lightweight Dyneema and has no waist strap.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0921

Thanks. Looking for cordura and with similar organization to the Side Effect. Are there any non-TB suggestions maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Thanks. Looking for cordura and with similar organization to the Side Effect. Are there any non-TB suggestions maybe?
    After 20 years of pulling, dragging, doing weight lifting using all kind of travel bags , I found Tom Bihn travel bags.

After 20 years of sagging fabrics, non functioning pull cords, ripped seams and uncooperative zippers, I found Tom Bihn shoulder bags and accessories.

After buying my first Tom Bihn bag, I was so impressed, I kept, keep and will keep adding to my Tom Bihn bags collection.

I no longer use any other bag or bag accessory from another manufacturer.

Some Tom Bihn enthusiastic owners have given up all their bags from other brands but others still use other brands.

If you go to the packing list for each bag, you might find the exact accessory you are looking for.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-25-2009 at 04:00 PM.

I keep around 1 Samsonite roller bag, for those trips where I know it will work (only car to airport to hotel and back, minimal stairs, no shoulder problems that week, big plane, early boarding, etc.). Other than that, its 100% Tom Bihn for me.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Just want to add a bit of side effect love. It's exactly what I've been wanting- a small bag that I can carry in my Imago or (hopefully) Synapse and carry separately when I want a small shoulder bag.

I'm just loading it now.

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of it is use.

Just wanted to let everyone know the side effect works well with a medium cafe bag and that is even with my Large Moleskine and a Trade Paperback in the main compartment! I still had room for my wallet as well and a few other needed essentials.

Good job Tom but I have the feeling I may have to give up this medium to the SO and grab another since he really likes it and has no issues with a man bag I was considering I may go for a large anyhow now...

My Side Effect lounging on the beach in Cancun last week below. It proved to be a very capable beach accessory, holding my Blackberry, camera, paperback, pen, flashlight, knife, cash, room key and other odds/ends. Wonderful bag. I find that I rarely use the waist strap, and keep it tucked into the flap. I am having a small paracord wrist strap made for it, that I will clip onto the shoulder strap attachment.

Unhappy Sadly I will not buy a Side Effect

I dreamed of a black Side Effect but I don't find decent paying 55$ shipping for a 30$ bag.

Quote Originally Posted by ratdeau View Post
    I dreamed of a black Side Effect but I don't find decent paying 55$ shipping for a 30$ bag.
    Where are you located? I'm in Australia and would consider sharing shipping when the Synapse comes out.

Audrey

I'm in Switzerland.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0