Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Great! Thanks, Darcy!

Could you make it in Dyneema with #8 YKK "splash-proof" coil zipper?

It would be a great bike tool accessory with the matching pant/leg protector made with the same fabric and strong Aplix® hook and loop closure.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-29-2009 at 09:03 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

It would be a great bike tool accessory with the matching pant/leg protector made with the same fabric and strong Aplix® hook and loop closure.
    This is a great idea! Second the notion for a Dyneema version that could be used this way. I don't know much about how the matching pant/leg protector would work, though. Can you expand on this? Do people generally use pant/leg protectors made with fabric (as opposed to metal clips)?

Volunteer Moderator
    dyneema would indeed be a great choice for the side effect, and also for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube!

I just read the long description, and I like how it has a reference to Jason Bourne! LOL

keb
    Quote Originally Posted by reina View Post
    I just read the long description, and I like how it has a reference to Jason Bourne! LOL
    noticed/loved that too...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This is a great idea! Second the notion for a Dyneema version that could be used this way. I don't know much about how the matching pant/leg protector would work, though. Can you expand on this? Do people generally use pant/leg protectors made with fabric (as opposed to metal clips)?
    As a teen, I used metal clips, but now ,I find them too tight and uncomfortable.

They have been replaced by leg bands a 1 in or 2 cm thick piece of fabric attached by velcro around the ankles to protect legs and pants.

To protect the leg/pant on the side of the chain there are pant protectors which are 4 to 6 inches wide on the chain side then tapers to become a band of fabric.
    The whole thing, flattened, looks elliptical.

Google "pant protectors" and you will find pictures.

The pictures reveal that there is pretty much only one design for those pant protectors sold under different brands.

So I bought one but the fabric is extremely stiff, which is not comfortable.

I am using accessories made of dyneema on a daily basis, the strength, flexibility and ease of cleaning of this fabric cannot be beat.

It would make great lightweight and rain resistant fabric for bike accessories.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-05-2009 at 06:49 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reina View Post
    Glad you caught that.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

keb
    OK--- Black or Olive? How green is the Olive? I am colorblind so Olive things always look brownish to me and really green to everyone else. So I never buy anything Olive. Same with Purple/Plum. Sapphire is too bright for me as a waist pack, steel matches the inside of my bags, so I guess Black it is...

the 3D cube, though, for some reason screams Olive to me....
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Is there a photo of the Side Effect being worn as a waist pack? Would like to see it in real life. Thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Is there a photo of the Side Effect being worn as a waist pack? Would like to see it in real life. Thanks.
    buzzard,

could you post some pictures of your side effect worn around your waist?

i'll also do a video including the side effect worn around the waist when i get mine.

I second this one

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

I think that's a fantastic idea. It will probably be a while before that happens, though - there are so many new products on the horizon that our factory is booked for...I don't know how long!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    buzzard,

could you post some pictures of your side effect worn around your waist?

i'll also do a video including the side effect worn around the waist when i get mine.
    I'll try to do that, but you'll probably have your video posted before then! I'm rather slow about such things!
    Owner of TriStar (aubergine/steel), Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

how well would the side effect fit in a medium cafe bag?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0