Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers

The tripod case is sooo smart!

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Darcy!
    Darcy likes this.

keb
    Oooooooooooooooooooo.......
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Yum-o! Really nice tease on the blog and the pics look great!

I cannot imagine how many hours of research on fabric, talks with professional users including Darcy, brainstorming sessions and prototype sewing it has taken and is still taking to give us such a great product!

I have just seen this blog post created last year: TOM BIHN Blog - Photos, Video: Tom sewing the Camera Insert prototype Photos, Video: Tom sewing the Camera Insert prototype
    Last edited by backpack; 10-03-2011 at 08:30 AM.

I was a bit shocked to read that it will fit in the Brain Bag. I'm very excited for this thing. I always dread traveling with a DSLR and a laptop. I hope there isn't going to be a week 3 of pictures, and that week 2 spills all the beans...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'm glad you are excited! We are, too. We aren't going to share actual photos of the insert just yet -- there's a few changes of materials to be made that will end up making it look a little different. Once we have those materials in and Tom and crew can make a new sample, we'll take photos and put the Camera Insert up for pre-order.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Any hints as to which bags might be able to carry the insert and a 13" or 15" laptop with or without all the power brick and cords and other goodies? I'm trying to find a perfect "personal item" for my dad.
    Hmm -- do you have the exact make and model of his laptop?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm -- do you have the exact make and model of his laptop?
    I don't. I'm not even sure if his current laptop is a 13" or a 15", which doesn't narrow things down much. How 'bout I start with which one my laptop would fit in with the camera insert. I have an older black Macbook (v.2.1, early 2007). Geez... Is it really that old?! I need to upgrade! OK, so what will that fit in, and what will the current 15" Macbook Pro fit in, along with the camera insert. Again, no need for power brick, etc. to fit, as that can typically go in a second bag.

Oh, and it doesn't necessarily need intense protection. Just a sleeve/cache-type padding.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I don't. I'm not even sure if his current laptop is a 13" or a 15", which doesn't narrow things down much. How 'bout I start with which one my laptop would fit in with the camera insert. I have an older black Macbook (v.2.1, early 2007). Geez... Is it really that old?! I need to upgrade! OK, so what will that fit in, and what will the current 15" Macbook Pro fit in, along with the camera insert. Again, no need for power brick, etc. to fit, as that can typically go in a second bag.

Oh, and it doesn't necessarily need intense protection. Just a sleeve/cache-type padding.
    With a Cache on a 13" MacBook (2007 Black/White Versions) or a 15" MacBook Pro the Camera Insert will fit into the Super Ego, Empire Builder or Brain Bag .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    With a Cache on a 13" MacBook (2007 Black/White Versions) or a 15" MacBook Pro the Camera Insert will fit into the Super Ego, Empire Builder or Brain Bag .
    Oh that's good to know. Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how much stuff he refuses to let go of and try to convince him to try a new type of bag. I'm definitely looking forward to the camera insert!

Darcy/Katy - So you know, I would be willing to help test the camera insert. Got a couple of ball games to go to, and a new camera/lens to test out. It sounds like a win/win situation to me

***sigh***

It was worth a try!
    jeffmac likes this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I think if we send out any new bags to test, we'll use some kind of random winner selector thing. There's just too many cool people we'd want to send one to (including you!) that we can't choose.
    dorayme likes this.

I'm so looking forward to this! Just did my first long trip with a DSLR and it will change the way I travel, for sure. It rode unprotected in my Imago, but I'd really rather protect it more robustly. The tripod carrier is a nice bonus! I hope it's out before my big trip to London and the Harry Potter and Dr. Who experiences in May!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I hope it's out before my big trip to London and the Harry Potter and Dr. Who experiences in May!
    If it's like the Harry Potter exhibit we saw at Discovery Time Square, there'll be no cameras allowed.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I'm so looking forward to this! Just did my first long trip with a DSLR and it will change the way I travel, for sure. It rode unprotected in my Imago, but I'd really rather protect it more robustly. The tripod carrier is a nice bonus! I hope it's out before my big trip to London and the Harry Potter and Dr. Who experiences in May!
    Eeeeeeeee! Take me with you!!!!

*cough*
    Jenne likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0