Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers

How is the procuring and testing going?

I know when the Camera Insert is ready, it will be "Tom Bihn Ready."

How is development going? No pun intended, but I'm leaving it in.

Kind regards,

Rob

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robz431 View Post
    I know when the Camera Insert is ready, it will be "Tom Bihn Ready."

How is development going? No pun intended, but I'm leaving it in.

Kind regards,

Rob
    It's going. We're continuing to investigate fabric options. Don't worry: we aren't forgetting about the camera insert. We just want it to be perfect.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's going. We're continuing to investigate fabric options. Don't worry: we aren't forgetting about the camera insert. We just want it to be perfect.
    I know we have bugged over this for months and as impatient as we can be we would never want to sacrifice speedy endeavor for our beloved Tom Bihn quality, thought and the best product on earth!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Can you tell us what the outer dimensions of this insert will be, so we can determine what it will fit in? The reason I ask is because I can think of using it in something other than a backpack or messenger bag., maybe other containers something 12 inches x 6 x 9.

I am also thinking of using more than one of these as a caddy/organizer inside a basket in a van. I'll have to check on those measurements.

Sorry... couldn't resist... any update on the camera insert?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozone View Post
    Sorry... couldn't resist... any update on the camera insert?
    Tom has some good leads on materials for the camera insert - we should be receiving samples soon. I hope I'll have more news then!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

If you should happen to need anyone to test one of these bad boys out, I'll be embarking on a week long tour with Josh Ritter the first week of December. I'll be selling merch and photographing his sets, my time on the road, and the tour itself.

Just a suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It should fit in most of the larger bags like the Super Ego, Brain Bag, Tri-Star, etc.

We weren't 100% happy with the first die-cut foam fabric laminated parts for the insert, so we're waiting for new ones. This will delay the insert about a month. We're now looking at August/September.
    Hi Darcy! any chance this wonderful insert will fit in a regular Ego?
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    Hi Darcy! any chance this wonderful insert will fit in a regular Ego?
    That would be perfect for me as well!

Is this project dead or still alive? It's been almost 8 months. Curious as to progress or if it has been an abandoned project.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    Is this project dead or still alive? It's been almost 8 months. Curious as to progress or if it has been an abandoned project.
    This is very much a living project. All in good time.

Been waiting patiently for what seems like ages, and in the mean time I've so completely outgrown my old camera bag that I've started lugging my gear around in a plastic tub. I'm certain the day after I give up and get some OTHER bag TB will release exactly the solution I want - probably one I haven't even thought of yet. Maybe I could take up a collection, so I can get a different bag, and at least everyone ELSE can enjoy Tom's version?

Happy 2010! It's almost May now. Woohoo! I hope there's some new on this now.

Question Latest Updates???

Any progress to report. Now that I upgraded to a dslr, I'm in the market.
    But willing to wait to see TB's creation.
    If you need a willing beta tester, I'll be in Seattle on the 16-22 for our Northern Washington trip.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I'm very anxious about this and would like to know if there's any sort of info on it. Last I heard, Tom's brother was testing it out and they were working on fabrics. Would love to hear any progress and info on it!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0