Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers

For all you Camera Insert folks, this was just tweeted:

"We're taking new Western Flyer photos tonight. And photos of the new Camera Insert/Outsert. Stay tuned!"
    ncb4 and Walker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmachats View Post
    For all you Camera Insert folks, this was just tweeted:

"We're taking new Western Flyer photos tonight. And photos of the new Camera Insert/Outsert. Stay tuned!"
    Wot! Cannot wait.

Sounds exciting!

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

A quality camera insert for a quality bag has been lacking out in the wild. This is going to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    A quality camera insert for a quality bag has been lacking out in the wild. This is going to be awesome!
    And those of us with micro 4/3 systems are having a really rough time--everything has the wrong proportions. But since the rumored insert will be too big for even a Synapse or Imago, this won't be our answer. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying a set-up with the Co-Pilot, and will test it this weekend.

I just bought a Nikon D3100, and my husband and I love it already. Our first DSLR! I'm already looking at additional lenses. I'm holding off on getting a bag since the camera insert is so close, however I'm a bit dismayed that it's too big for a Synapse. I might have to find a separate insert for it or hope the insert can stand on its own.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by DQBunny View Post
    I just bought a Nikon D3100, and my husband and I love it already. Our first DSLR! I'm already looking at additional lenses. I'm holding off on getting a bag since the camera insert is so close, however I'm a bit dismayed that it's too big for a Synapse. I might have to find a separate insert for it or hope the insert can stand on its own.
    That's the DSLR I've been wanting for a while! Not because it's less expensive, but because it's smaller. I have tiny hands. I'm looking forward to hearing how it fits in the Camera Insert if you get one or if someone else has that model & the Insert.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

I am really liking my Synapse as a camera bag.
    Look for my post with pics of what I did to get the idea.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    That's the DSLR I've been wanting for a while! Not because it's less expensive, but because it's smaller. I have tiny hands. I'm looking forward to hearing how it fits in the Camera Insert if you get one or if someone else has that model & the Insert.
    I have small hands too, and it feels fantastic. I'd been lusting after the Canon T3 for some time, but it felt a bit plasticky overall. I began reading the Nikon D3100 reviews and tried it, and it feels like a more solid camera in my hands. The price isn't bad either - it's on sale for $550 pretty much everywhere right now. I only got a chance to play with it a little bit before work, but the test photos I shot of the cats were amazing right out of the box.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by plume View Post
    And those of us with micro 4/3 systems are having a really rough time--everything has the wrong proportions. But since the rumored insert will be too big for even a Synapse or Imago, this won't be our answer. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying a set-up with the Co-Pilot, and will test it this weekend.
    I hear you! My set up is also the micro 4/3. Based on the tease photos that Darcy posted, it looks like this camera insert/outsert will/can be a bag on its own. So I am standing in line for it, with plans to use it as a standalone bag. I am hoping that it will fit inside my hiking backpack, but I doubt it. At present, I carry my camera gear inside the PCSB - I found a camera insert that fits inside the PCSB. The padding leaves much to be desired, but it is better than nothing.

I have small hands too, and it feels fantastic.
    Ooooooo, how I wish I could get it now. But tuition and rent and insurance all add up! Hopefully I can find a used-in-good-condition model, because I really miss serious photography.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Hi Walker. I noted the earlier post in which you said that you had found an insert for the PCSB, and did some mad Googling to find it (haven't ordered it yet, though). The PCSB plus insert would be perfect for a lighter, smaller option around town, when I don't need to carry much besides the basic camera gear, ID, and a subway pass.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

We're not fans of movie trailers that give away the whole story, so our trailer for Tom's new design -- the Camera Insert/Outsert -- is more of a teaser. Dig out your 3D glasses and stay tuned: we'll be releasing the long-awaited Camera Insert/Outsert (and more videos) within the next few days.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy, I am not sure if I *like* your post - you are killing me! But Friday is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by plume View Post
    Hi Walker. I noted the earlier post in which you said that you had found an insert for the PCSB, and did some mad Googling to find it (haven't ordered it yet, though). The PCSB plus insert would be perfect for a lighter, smaller option around town, when I don't need to carry much besides the basic camera gear, ID, and a subway pass.
    You found a small insert? That is awesome.

I ended up buying the mini insert from Courierware. I think it is very expensive for what it is - no offense to Courierware, its owners and fans. But Eric of Courierware was nice to deal with and I figure I supported a small business . The good thing about the insert is that it fits nicely inside the PCSB, Co-Pilot main compartment and the Imago. I can put flat items in the Co-Pilot's pockets with the insert installed. There is "genereous"room for other items in the Imago with the insert installed.

A forum members used a Billingham Hadley small insert for same set up. There is a thread on the forum about it - vannot help you find it because I surf on my galaxy tablet.

I stole that idea. Difficult to find a Billingham Hadley small insert in the US, and I did not like the idea of having to fold over the top to the side.

Back to thumb twiddling - waiting for Darcy's promised photos of the TB camera insert

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0