Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree2221Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Smile TB Anticipation Syndrome

So here I am at a quarter to three in the morning wondering about the Large Cafe Bag I ordered. This seems a regularity when I order. I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for Santa to pop down the chimney, yet trying to get to sleep so I don't blow my presents. Yet, the nearer morning comes the more my adrenaline surges, till I either carry on and play through, or wipe out from exhaustion and sleep in.

Ya gotta love a company that can bring that feeling back.

How about the rest of ya? Do you get the thrill waiting for your bag to arrive?
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Maybe a support group is in order?

ex,
    I can totally relate. I think we need a support group until a cure is found... Maybe one of everything that Tom offers in every color he offers? I think that would do it. In the meantime I'm off to the UPS website (again!) to see where my large cafe bag is at the moment (Twitches uncontrollably) .
    ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi) w/ Q-AM strap,Large Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Olive, Cayenne. It may be a gift!) Clear Quarter Cube (my version of the snake charmer), an Olive clear organizer wallet, and a slew of strapeez.

keb
    I actually daydream about trips I haven't planned using bags I don't yet own... Hmmm, would the ski boots I might buy next year fit in an Aeronaut? And what color Aeronaut would I get?
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Ah! Tom Bihn package tracking!

I thought I was the only one checking UPS site every hour and planning way ahead to make sure I am not doing anything requiring deadlines on the day the package is supposed to arrive.

You forgot to mention plotting over a year or six month in order to space my purchases so they look invisible on the credit card.

But then I have to make sure not to miss the coveted color pair that might sold out in the blink of a eye.

I can't wait for the Synapse!
    Last edited by backpack; 03-28-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    vivelly likes this.

Glad I'm not the only sicko!

I'm pretty new to TB, but I'm hooked! The anticipation for my Aeronaut to arrive just about killed me - it's an awful lot like being in love and it's pretty scary when you feel that way about an inanimate object!
    Owner of TriStar (aubergine/steel), Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

Thumbs up The Power of Positive Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    I actually daydream about trips I haven't planned using bags I don't yet own...
    I have daydreams of visiting the Seattle showroom and factory floor. This will lead to my playing tourist in Seattle, with a few things planned out to do there but really it will be all about the bags. The rest will be window dressing, to fill out the trip so as to insulate me from being committed by the unenlightened.
    "Hmm... oh yes the Space Needle was lovely, while on the way there I got lost but found the most wonderful bag shop..."
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

My Dashboard tracking widget gets a lot of use when I'm expecting a Tom Bihn bag! Accessed with the press of a single mouse button...

Latest workout was just a couple of weeks ago - a medium cafe bag in olive and cayenne. Gorgeous. And well worth the wait.

Cool

I live on an island 30 miles from Seattle, so my stuff usually arrives the day after I order!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    I live on an island 30 miles from Seattle, so my stuff usually arrives the day after I order!
    So, you visited the store?

Wink

So, you could visit the store, traveling by boat, and then switching to a pedicab all the while listening via iPod to the soundtrack of Goldfinger! "Bah baaaah naaa! duh duh duh duh dum! Mr. Tom Bihn, he's the man, the man with the velvet bags, the bags of Tom Bihnnnnnnnnnnnn!" That would be such fun!

Do you expect me to talk, Tom Bihn?

No Mr. Machina, I expect you to buy!

heheheheheehehe 8)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Jill View Post
    i am on the east coast... so it takes a whole week for my packages to arrive.

but as they say, the good things in life are worth the wait!

Smile

Me too! I live in New York City and it takes a week but I have had them arrive faster. I think UPS has more people and movement speed during the Christmas season. Right now my package will be a week, I expect on time delivery tomorrow. Yaaaaaaay!!!

Philadelphia here... and we have the same wait time. It's all green, I don't upgrade the shipping... but those last few days are a killer!

In the past, I have had my daughter open the package when she gets home from school and send me a pic from her phone. Yeah, I get crazy, too!
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Newbie in Philly knows your pain

I just received my Smart Alec (steel with solar interior--beautiful) last week after following the package's progress on UPS. I was crushed when I missed the delivery twice, so I waited 45 min to pick it up at the UPS center, and it was entirely worth it. Thanks to Maverick's great videos, I also picked up a packing cube and an organizer wallet, and I couldn't be more pleased with the purchases.

Back-ordered :(

I just ordered a cafe bag in punch/steel and a clear organizer wallet in punch (among other things!). Unfortunately those two items are back-ordered. I don't need any of them right away, but of course when I ordered, I forgot they weren't in stock! So, my question is, how long does it usually take for back-ordered items to ship? Please say tomorrow!

Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0