Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1750
Like Tree2104Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

I've got a box coming today. Q-kit, snake charmer and cache. It is coming to my office which is only a few miles from the Tom Bihn factory. Usually work from home on Friday but I came in to await my package. I think I'm going to start just going to the factory store instead of getting items shipped.

Sent from my somewhere using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Have lots of fun!

Are you packing everything for 2 weeks into the Daylight Backpack and the Small Cafe Bag???
    No, I am not quite that good. the DLBP and the SCB will be used as packing cubes in my Aeronaut 45, and then used as Daypacks for various activities. I will be using my Pilot as my personal carry-on during the flight portion of the trip.
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

OOOOOOH! I just received notice that the package has arrived in the mailroom! Unfortunately, I am in a meeting right now, so can't go gather my new treasure, and see what color Q-Kit and OPs I got! Did I get the colours I requested? Or will I be surprised?? TBAS continues...for another half hour, anyway...
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

I quote from an article in the popular magazine Real Simple:
    "So what are the signs that your shopping has gone from a fun, harmless pastime to a clinical addiction? Loss of control, for starters: You go into a store with one item and leave with 10. Compulsive shoppers also tend to hide their purchases or lie about how much they've spent. They may have secret bank or credit-card accounts. After the high of shopping, they experience an emotional letdown or intense feelings of guilt and shame, which drives them to shop more. Like drug addicts, people addicted to shopping may even experience withdrawal symptoms, such as irritability, when they try to cut back."

Humph.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I quote from an article in the popular magazine Real Simple:
    "So what are the signs that your shopping has gone from a fun, harmless pastime to a clinical addiction? Loss of control, for starters: You go into a store with one item and leave with 10. Compulsive shoppers also tend to hide their purchases or lie about how much they've spent. They may have secret bank or credit-card accounts. After the high of shopping, they experience an emotional letdown or intense feelings of guilt and shame, which drives them to shop more. Like drug addicts, people addicted to shopping may even experience withdrawal symptoms, such as irritability, when they try to cut back."

Humph.
    I have no idea what the writer is talking about. Perhaps they're just jealous of all our cool stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I have no idea what the writer is talking about. Perhaps they're just jealous of all our cool stuff?
    I agree, @jess. And have to say that I have experienced absolutely ZERO "emotional letdown or intense feelings of guilt and shame" when it comes to my TB purchases!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Is anyone else waiting for a delivery today? I'm waiting for a bag that I was lucky enough to buy from of a fellow forum member. Hurry Mr. Mailman, hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Is anyone else waiting for a delivery today? I'm waiting for a bag that I was lucky enough to buy from of a fellow forum member. Hurry Mr. Mailman, hurry!
    I am waiting for a bag from a forum menu also--not sure when it will arrive, but would love for it to be today!!
    eWalker and jess like this.

2 Q-kits (navy and steel) arrived today with large and small packing cubes for my WF...then Wednesday(fingers crossed) my NFTD will be joining the family. No guilt or shame here. ( I think I've had 6 orders in the last month. Should I've feeling guilt yet?)
    eWalker, Washu and jess like this.

Hey girls, what is this all about???? You can not say "a bag" here!!! You have to be specific about it. What bag? What color? What material? How am I supposed to feel excited with you if you say "a bag"?
    I want to think about me needing the exact same bag you just waiting for; or just being happy for you, that you get this one.

So: BE SPECIFIC NOT WAGE!

Ilkyway

PS: hmmmmm in this article of yours GoStanford, is there anything about me being crazy for informations about other persons purchases? Because all the other symptoms: not over here. Only big fat bag-excitement for myself or any other person who buys herself/himself the really good stuff. So, what do you say: do I have a problem?

Ooops sorry, Ilkyway! I thought I screeched about this somewhere but now that I check it looks like I didn't. I GOT AN IMAGO! It's lovely forest/cork/steel. It's my first bag in forest, my first cork anything and my first (but hopefully not last) imago. It's freaking gorgeous!

That said, does anyone have advice on how to take care of the cork? There are a few rough patches on it. Very very small, but if I can prevent it from getting worse I'd like to.

jess that is great! You gonna love it! I am hoping to get some cork one of these days too. Scribe has (I think) the exact same bag and she asked/talked about cork-care because hers was not in the best of shapes. Lets see if I can find that thread, than I put in the link here.

Now that is what I am talking about! Much more fun this way ;-)

Right! I forgot about that. I'll look for the thread.

I found it, but maybe you did too: Caveat emptor

It did not end well, Imago-wise. But she got the money bag so no harm done at the end I guess.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I found it, but maybe you did too: Caveat emptor

It did not end well, Imago-wise. But she got the money bag so no harm done at the end I guess.
    @Ilkyway, @jess I can't let this stand, as ultimately there was a happy ending with @scribe coming back with a Forest/Cork/Steel Imago from @ShelShel. It's true that the Steel/Cork/Wasabi Imago sold on eBay did not live up to expectations. But @scribe was able to return it when she visited Minneapolis at the beginning of July, and she came back with a great Forest/Cork/Steel Imago from another TB forum member.

So, ultimately, it did all end well, after some twists and turns. (Gotta have the happy ending!)

moriond

Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0