Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1706
Like Tree2043Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

I was surprised (and very impressed) to get the shipment notification this evening for the order I placed last night It included a DOP that had been on backorder until early July--I know that it is technically early July, and I've read on the forums that backordered items often ship early, but I had still assumed I would have to wait at least a few extra days.

I'm not sure if it makes the anticipation easier or more difficult, though!
    eWalker likes this.

Okay, just placed my first order with Tom Bihn. May have caught a bug here with this company, love the Accessories section.
    Anyway for my first order, possibly went a bit overboard but time will tell I ordered the Smart Alec in Black/Black/Steel, both upper and lower modular pockets in Black (will be in a office/production/general use so wanted something low-key), Side Effect in Black/Wasabi, Wallet in Navy 420d which I think is the Parapack material(?), 2-16 inch Wasabi key straps, 2-8 inch Black key straps, 1 Mini Dyneema Organizer pouch, 1 Small Ballastic Nylon Organizer pouch, 1 Small Double Organizer Pouch, and 1 Clear Organizer Wallet.

Now I can't wait to get the stuff. Liked the open main compartment of the Smart Alec and got the notice today by email that it was back in stock. Mainly going to use it for carrying some personal stuff and lunch to work. The organizer pouches and the O Rings Tom has put into the bags will be nice for smaller items and they won't fall to the bottom. I have a feeling I will be back for some more stuff.

I am unhealthily excited about my incoming pouches (on top of my french blue DLBP and all-black Swift). CS was so kind as to dig out a small indigo COP, medium linen OP, and medium turquoise DOP for me yesterday. <3 x 100000000000! I also have a small conifer OP on its way. POUCHES!

As a side note, I adore the all-cordura pouches. Unless I need a clear window for the contents of a pouch, I avoid urethane because it can be maddeningly sticky. I like dyneema, but have enough of it in my life. And ballistic is too rigid for the intended use-profile. Cordura pouches are cheaper, "stretchy" (especially in 500d), and there are so many colours to choose from. Yum!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-03-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego stripes in cool fabrics or w/ seat belt buckle, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

My French Blue Daylight Backpack and (hopefully) Aubergine Q-Kit have been in town, less than a 15-minute drive away from my home, since 8:41pm last night. UPS should really have an option for pick-up at their receiving center. It would save them the time and cost of delivery. And it would make the TBAS-afflicted folks like me so extremely happy!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Three little words...important to hear them from time to time...they give a warm fuzzy feeling:
    Out for delivery

Well, it had to happen sometime. Spouse went to basement to get something and came back looking a little shocked and said, Why are there Tom Bihn boxes stacked two deep?

To be fair, the boxes were on top of other non-TB
    Boxes...and I might use them again like in the thread on what TB boxes are used for.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Well, it had to happen sometime. Spouse went to basement to get something and came back looking a little shocked and said, Why are there Tom Bihn boxes stacked two deep?

To be fair, the boxes were on top of other non-TB
    Boxes...and I might use them again like in the thread on what TB boxes are used for.
    Did you check his blood pressure? Have you noticed him scurriously reviewing your pre-nups?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Hi all! I'm having a hard time being patient, here. I took my Aeronaut and Swift with me overseas, but I decided that I needed a backpack instead of the Swift.

Actually, that's a lie. I decided I needed a daypack, so I was going to order a Daylight. Then I spent a lot of time on the website and also mentally packing and unpacking my luggage. Then I ordered a Smart Alec. I really love the Swift, but I see it as a knitting bag -- and I'm moving around so much that I just don't have the luxury of having a dedicated knitting bag.

The Smart Alec has been scanned out of Louisville, supposed to be here in the U.K. in 4 days. And it has a solar inside! The yellow makes me feel so cheery Patience!

My order's scheduled to arrive in Singapore in 4 days too. And my co-pilot has a solar lining as well! I absolutely know how you feel right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mel_h likes this.

My package has been sitting 3 hours away from me since Wednesday with no update. I just really hope it gets here before my trip. Next time I'll do next day. 3 day just wasn't quick enough. At least, not in this case since UPS didn't consider Thursday a business day this week.

TBAS is quite definitely a thing. XD
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by al85 View Post
    My package has been sitting 3 hours away from me since Wednesday with no update. I just really hope it gets here before my trip. Next time I'll do next day. 3 day just wasn't quick enough. At least, not in this case since UPS didn't consider Thursday a business day this week.

TBAS is quite definitely a thing. XD
    Oh, Thursday was definitely a business day for UPS! For the air sort, anyway. However, that was the fastest I've ever seen the pilots want to leave since we have a three day weekend!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    I am unhealthily excited about my incoming pouches… POUCHES!

As a side note, I adore the all-cordura pouches. Unless I need a clear window for the contents of a pouch, I avoid urethane because it can be maddeningly sticky. I like dyneema, but have enough of it in my life. And ballistic is too rigid for the intended use-profile. Cordura pouches are cheaper, "stretchy" (especially in 500d), and there are so many colours to choose from. Yum!
    @adalangdon Not to expand your ever growing pouch collection even more, but a few comments about your currently less favored material options: Ballistic Nylon pouches become more pliable with time and use (and so do bags made out of them). So if there are particular Ballistic Nylon colors you like, especially in smaller sized pouches, you might want to give these a shot as a long-term investment. I also happen to like the knitting tool kit pouches for a lot of other specific uses where the added structure comes in handy.

I understand your reaction to finding Urethane too sticky. It gets better with use, with the current version of Urethane, but this is one of the reasons I don't have many large clear organizer pouches (the other reason being that since I use these mainly for papers, in a high humidity environment I prefer to use fabrics unless the pouches are in constant use). However, there have been several generations of Urethane used, and bags/pouches/accessories manufactured in the past have different degrees of stickiness. See the Question about the Urethane used thread. The earliest Urethane I have in the first release of the Clear Quarter Packing Cubes, is non-Sticky, but a bit thicker in weight, and hence less pliable than later versions.The early. Swift prototypes (and, I think, the first generation Swifts released without the supporting black Ballistic band around the bottom) used this material for the pockets, which was completely clear, not sticky, but as described, thicker and less pliable than later versions of Urethane. My favorite version of Urethane was the one used in the first couple of years of the Clear Organizer Wallets, which was thin and pliable, and completely non-sticky. It was replaced because some users found it wasn't as completely clear as earlier versions of Urethane, for use with identification badges and passes. (I could generally read all but very smallest type fonts even against problematic colored backgrounds through this Urethane, but I agree that if you needed complete clarity for ID purposes the earlier (and current) versions are better. So the current version of Urethane is a compromise for thinness, clarity, pliability, and stickiness. Unfortunately, identifying the older, non-sticky Urethane by appearance alone is difficult. The only pouches for which I can do this entirely visually are the Clear Organizer Wallets, according to the colors used for the Ultrasuede dividers in the early batches. Some wallets (like the Cocoa Ultrasuede one that sold out early) may only have been made with the completely non sticky Urethane. Later colors like Azalea and Turquoise were definitely in the batch that was clearer but slightly sticky.

I think that all the earlier 3D Clear Organizer Cubes that were manufactured without the interior strap with hanger hook also use the really non-sticky Urethane, but some of the early 3D Clear Organizer Cubes with hooks also do. I just use those preferentially. And yes, I also like the 500d Cordura (all fabric) pouch options, too.

HTH. moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So if there are particular Ballistic Nylon colors you like, especially in smaller sized pouches, you might want to give these a shot as a long-term investment. I also happen to like the knitting tool kit pouches for a lot of other specific uses where the added structure comes in handy.
    Re KTPs- Yeah, they're great. I would choose a size 2 or 3 KTP for pencils and rulers over a pen-sized COP any day; the ballistic ends are great anti-poking thingums. I currently have a Kiwi size 2 for pens and pencils and a size 4 for holding coiled-up stuff like earphones and random small things like screws. The square shape is super 'cus it allows anything to be stuffed in there without the width constraints of a regular (rectangular) pouch.

Re urethane- Nice to know they'll lose some stickiness over time! Right now I have the urethane surface of my documents-only MDOP clipped to the right side of my cafe bag, with the urethane surface facing inwards. It's actually more convenient that way because the clear surface faces me when I pull out the pouch, allowing me to see what's inside without flipping it. But it all started because I felt the DOP was sticking to (nearly) everything in my bag :<
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-04-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    eWalker likes this.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego stripes in cool fabrics or w/ seat belt buckle, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    Oh, Thursday was definitely a business day for UPS! For the air sort, anyway. However, that was the fastest I've ever seen the pilots want to leave since we have a three day weekend!
    If only it was for ground! ;p
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by al85 View Post
    If only it was for ground! ;p
    I'm pretty sure it was. No reason it wouldn't be. We got trailers from the hub that night, so I'm about 99.9% sure that they were operating.

Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0