Page 84 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1773
Like Tree2137Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

"HURRAH! YOUR TOM BIHN ORDER HAS SHIPPED"

This is the sweetest message to receive in an email. And I received it twice (1 yesterday, 1 today) on two small backorders. Nothing yet, however, on my huge backorder of Nordic and Black Dyneema goodies...am crossing my fingers for a third HURRAH!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I hadn't planned on placing an order today (haven't we all been there) but noticed that the SCB was listed in plum cordura/wasabi - did I miss this option earlier? I went ahead and placed an order thinking of how everybody says to grab the color combo you want while it is in stock. I am now thankful I ordered a Pilot while they were in stock - all options are backordered till September!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I went ahead and placed an order thinking of how everybody says to grab the color combo you want while it is in stock.
    That's easier said than done if you want more than 1 color combo :P
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I am now thankful I ordered a Pilot while they were in stock - all options are backordered till September!
    Same here - I'm just praying mine arrives before I fly in July, as it was "on backorder until late June" when I ordered it. I wonder if the Pilot is being pushed down the production priority list temporarily to make way for bigger bags? I imagine a lot of people are ordering stuff now for their summer travel, just as I have!
    haraya and eWalker like this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Same here - I'm just praying mine arrives before I fly in July, as it was "on backorder until late June" when I ordered it. I wonder if the Pilot is being pushed down the production priority list temporarily to make way for bigger bags? I imagine a lot of people are ordering stuff now for their summer travel, just as I have!
    I asked regarding the back order dates, scribe. Push backs to back order dates seen on the store pages don't apply to those who already ordered.
    So your Pilot will be ready to ship by late June unless they contact you to say otherwise.
    eWalker likes this.

I thought as much, but it's good to know! I'm just worried that if late June means the last few days of the month, it will be touch-and-go whether it gets to me before I fly out on the 2nd. I have a fallback plan of using my Swift as my personal item, but I'd rather have a zip-up bag like the Pilot. (I don't want to use my S19 as it's what I take to work every day.)
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    @vivelly My tracking status finally updated to "sorted at our LA facility", but who knows whether it's on a plane yet or already landed in the UK? Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    Scribe, FYI, my parcel was processed by the LA facility on the 11th May, the next update was not until the 17th when it finally showed as being processed in the UK.

On the 19th May it was showing on Royal Mail online tracking as being "in addressee PO Box" at my local sorting office (on the USPS tracker it says "Delivered"????) ..... Sure enough, also on the 19th I received a card through the letterbox saying I owed customs charges.......

I paid these, online, immediately and requested delivery on the 21st (you can't select the next day for delivery but you can collect and pay cash). Royal Mail were very efficient at processing my payment, unfortunately, not so efficient at actually delivering my parcel since it didn't arrive yesterday as requested

I'm not having much luck with TB parcels of late, UPS or USPS ..... maybe the boxes are made with something that repels delivery people
    eWalker likes this.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that! My first USPS delivery was just abandoned on the doorstep by Royal Mail (sans custom duty, thankfully). I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, but at this rate I'm not expecting it to turn up until next week, not when the USPS site says it was only processed at their facility yesterday...
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:

OH EM GEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Burnt Orange S25 has shipped!!!!!!!

I repeat: my BURNT ORANGE Synapse 25 has shipped!!!!

I have a TB order coming on Tuesday next week, but I do wish it was my S25 instead.
    Last edited by Aeon; 05-22-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    so far: small clear OP (steel), small padded OP, small and medium DOP (burnt orange), Side Effect (black/steel), Synapse 19 (burnt orange/steel), Synapse 25 (burnt orange/steel)

want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    OH EM GEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Burnt Orange S25 has shipped!!!!!!!

I repeat: my BURNT ORANGE Synapse 25 has shipped!!!!
    )
    Congratulations, fellow Georgian, @Aeon! I envy you that Burnt Orange—but I'm hoping there will be a Side Effect or Little Swift in this color some day soon.

Meanwhile, I just got a shipping notice, too. Even though the Large Shop Bags were listed on the website as being backordered until early July, once again the crew at Tom Bihn pulled off another miracle. Six weeks ahead of schedule, they've shipped my Large UV and Wasabi Shop Bags that I ordered before the price went up, along with a UV Dyneema 3D Organizer Cube, and two Double OPs: one small, one medium. I can't wait to see what colors I get in those.

~Nancy

I guess the Little Swift must also be finally off back order because today I hot the notice that it, along with my shop bags (1 large 1 small) and an extra yarn stuff sack are all in their way. Yippee! Now to just wait a week....

Iberian shop bags & other goodies coming my way next week!

I just got back from a walk to the grocery - about 0.6 miles from my house - using my old, non-TB backpack. This is the ~25L pack I used to use as my carry-on, since it's got a padded compartment for my computer. (Different from my 16L EDC pack, which I love.) Well, it just revalidated my decision to order an SA (on backorder till early July). My old pack is heavy and uncomfortable even when empty. It has front, middle, and rear zippered compartments, all the same shape but stepped down in size, and I can never find anything in any of them because they give no clue as to their purpose, and are extremely deep.

Final straw: on the way home, even though the pack was only 2/3 full, the zippers just started working their way open, and my stuff started falling out! Fortunately I was only carrying light, non-breakable items like bread & crackers. Ridiculous. I am SO excited for my SA to arrive!

USPS says my TB order cleared UK sorting on Saturday, so I'm hoping to get my delivery tomorrow or Wednesday (today is a public holiday)

Then I'll just have to twiddle my thumbs until my backorders start shipping...
    Hollie and eWalker like this.
    Collections:

Its June soon...one month closer to my backorder!!!
    scribe likes this.

Page 84 of 119 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0