Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1904
Like Tree2505Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

I didn't - I attached one split ring to the webbing on the top/outside of the pack, and for the front pocket I attached the ring to the zipper pull. It's not as elegant as an interior O-ring, but I liked my pack enough to want to keep using it (rather than getting a new Bihn pack, which may still happen in the future! ).

But the key ring trick has come in handy for other, non-TB bags (like some of my knitting project bags for which TB doesn't offer a comparable size) where I still want to use TB accessories. Or when I have a lot of straps that I want to attach to a single O-ring - then I use the key ring as a way to expand the capacity of the O-ring.
    Last edited by haraya; 05-14-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Whee, my order just shipped! I'm a bit surprised because I ordered a couple of stuff sacks, and the page still says they're backordered till late May, but I'm not complaining.
    haraya and eWalker like this.

TBAS relief - TB box delayed delivery since Tuesday arrived today. Unfortunately, I got home about 8:45 pm. Been pouring all day, my box has been sitting outside my door which does not have much of an awning. The box was dripping, so I took it inside and put it in my bath tub.

Here are my goodies: 2 small nordic shop bags, lotsa steel + black shop bags, 1 nordic TT, 2 Swifts (aubergine + navy parapack), 2 SE (nordic/solar + steel/UV), 2 double zip OP (small + medium, both steel parapack).

Thank you VERY MUCH to the lovely TB crew who lovingly picked the matching steel double zip OPs (I requested for parapack, any color, except black).

Now gotta fix dinner

Woohoo, that's quite a haul!! Glad nothing happened to your bags - but then, they're TB bags!!

( I once had a leather tote on backorder, which happened to arrive on a very rainy day when I was traveling. The friend who was looking after our house told me it was absolutely swimming in a puddle when she arrived! Luckily it survived the drenching and is none the worse for wear. )
    Walker and eWalker like this.

Heavy sigh - black/wasabi SE backorder changed back to late June...
    eWalker likes this.

Since I have a bunch of large items on backorder, I've consoled myself with a mini-order of pouches (plus more double carabiners) that dispatched today - USPS shipping to the UK was only $15 and last time it only took a week to get here

(Also, lower-value orders are more likely to sneak in under the tax man's radar, which makes up for the proportionally higher shipping!)
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Since I have a bunch of large items on backorder, I've consoled myself with a mini-order of pouches (plus more double carabiners) that dispatched today - USPS shipping to the UK was only $15 and last time it only took a week to get here

(Also, lower-value orders are more likely to sneak in under the tax man's radar, which makes up for the proportionally higher shipping!)
    I have done that before - followed a large item order with an accessories order to get a fix quickly!
    scribe and eWalker like this.

scribe....1 week to the UK...I am surprised that its much faster to NZ. For me UPS was always like clockwork...(I probably jinxed it now) ..ordered Thursday night local time, scheduled for the following Tuesday, but always arriving Monday. Thats just one weekend. I find waiting for my back order so difficult now.....but good things come to people who WAIT...right?
    eWalker likes this.

@vivelly Maybe it's fast to NZ because it's a fairly straightforward hop from LA across the Pacific? Or maybe it's slow at my end - I know that my UPS parcels do a tour of the Midlands before they find their way back to East Anglia, so USPS->Royal Mail might be equally bad!
    Collections:
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

That could be. Doesnt really justify the high shipping cost then...

Terrible!!! I have the mother of all orders on back order and I promised myself that THIS IS IT!! At least for quite some time to come...and I just realized I have started another wishlist.....how did that happen???? I need therapy! (dont suggest retail therapy)

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Terrible!!! I have the mother of all orders on back order and I promised myself that THIS IS IT!! At least for quite some time to come...and I just realized I have started another wishlist.....how did that happen???? I need therapy! (dont suggest retail therapy)
    Wow! Nice! It's something to look forward to lol
    What's the latest shipping item that's holding up the order? And what item did you order that you're most excited about?
    eWalker likes this.

USPS still haven't updated the status on my order that shipped on Friday - I have no idea whether it's winging its way across the Atlantic or stuck in a sorting depot somewhere between Seattle and LAX
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:

Oh scribe ..thats excruciating! I feel for you...
    Iceberg..the most anticipated in this order is the Aeronaut with all the assessories that come with it (packing cubes, packing backpack etc) in aubergine/wasabi.
    And a side effect in aubergine/wasabi (already have the steel parapack/ultraviolet) and 2 more shopping bags. And some stuff sacks and other bits and pieces.
    Now I have seen (too late) the video TB posted about packing the Synapse and I want the WF medium packing cubes and a Snake Charmer! (I want I want). But now it has to wait..I dont want to confuse the stressed staff atm with more add ons and I have to save up money too...but hey...what will a life be without a dream? :-)
    eWalker likes this.

@vivelly My tracking status finally updated to "sorted at our LA facility", but who knows whether it's on a plane yet or already landed in the UK? Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:

Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0