Page 82 of 119 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1773
Like Tree2137Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Somebody stop me - I just ordered a Pilot in the same color scheme (black Dyneema/wasabi Dyneema) as my existing unused CoPilot. I did that so I am forced to choose between the two, as I can't justify keeping two such similar bags. Though I aimed to go small and my laptop fits in the CoPilot, the fact that I haven't used it in more than a month of having it suggests I am looking for something different.

I considered getting the Pilot in steel Dyneema/steel Dyneema so that I had the option of keeping both...but I couldn't do that.
    Ok......
    This thread shows the fatal flaw in your strategy to make up your mind.
    Lesson Learned

But what I would ask:
    1) what are you using instead of you Co-Pilot, and why it is better.
    2) what do you want the Pilot / Co-Pilot to do?

And looking at the purpose of this thread:
    OMG! Hang in there! It'll be at your doorstep soon!
    Last edited by icebeng; 05-09-2014 at 12:47 AM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Somebody stop me - I just ordered a Pilot in the same color scheme (black Dyneema/wasabi Dyneema) as my existing unused CoPilot. I did that so I am forced to choose between the two, as I can't justify keeping two such similar bags. Though I aimed to go small and my laptop fits in the CoPilot, the fact that I haven't used it in more than a month of having it suggests I am looking for something different.
    It seems like a perfectly sound strategy to me - how do you know which one is perfect unless you try them both?

I'm getting so impatient for my impending delivery (which is currently somewhere between LA and England - only USPS knows where!) that I just spend about an hour creating a spreadsheet of all my TB purchases and their current uses. I have a total of 64 TB items in use, and that doesn't count odds and ends like annexe clips and bags of tie cords...
    Last edited by scribe; 05-09-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Hi hi, a spreadsheet is what I did too. At first it was to keep better track of my backorders because I had asked so often for changes that the orderlist in my account did not do the trick anymore. (BY THE WAY: SORRY FOR ALL THE TROUBLE AND THANKS FOR BARING WITH ME @ Tom Bihn Crew)

But than I decided to keep the spreadsheet as a means not to forget a bag. Sometimes that happens with me. They are in a clothed and I say to my huspand: You have to see that I need a bag. I have nothing to compliment this outfit or I have nothing for this particular carry-needs. That will without a doubt happen again and again but I think it is fair to overlook the spreadsheet first to figure out if there is not a treasure that I forgot about.

(Wow there are many ways to wright spreadsheet wrong. I am glad that I could copy it from your post scribe)

Ilkyway

Great minds think alike, eh?
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Just ordered a Synapse 19.

WHY ISN'T IT HERE ALREADY?

:-p
    eWalker likes this.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

I have an order that is 'out for delivery' as I type ...... I'm wondering if I should be worried that it's still not arrived, but I saw a UPS van drive slowly along the road about 40 minutes ago 😱

Update: It's 20:44 and UPS tracking still has the bag as 'out for delivery' .... really? ..... the optimist in me wants to believe, but the pessimist is yelling "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!" at the web page
    Last edited by ceepee; 05-09-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    1) what are you using instead of you Co-Pilot, and why it is better.
    2) what do you want the Pilot / Co-Pilot to do?
    Good questions - instead of Co-Pilot, I am using a Small Cafe Bag for everyday essentials and a tote (either small Shop Bag or a soft cotton tote) for the everyday detritus that piles up like scarves, jackets, empty lunchboxes, etc. I wanted to use the Pilot/Co-Pilot as a laptop bag with room for books and magazines, mostly for air travel but occasionally for everyday use.

I haven't started using the Co-Pilot because it looks very structured to me and that is exactly the resistance I need to overcome. The whole pouch/multiple pouches/a spot for everything tactic is new to me but quite appealing. I think the extra inches on the Pilot may help me because the front pockets will be a little more accessible. I'm pretty sure that given the structure of these bags and my sporadic use that I can only keep one of them, and I definitely don't want two in the exact same color scheme. (Hence my swap request for a steel/solar Dyneema Co-Pilot but no responses yet).

I just have to sit tight and play with both when the Pilot arrives, I think!
    eWalker likes this.

And so the long wait begins! I've ordered TB accessories before, but I believe this is my first full-on Bihn bag. I went back and forth about ten million times (and missed out on ordering an S19 in Steel Dyneema/UV) before deciding the Smart Alec was for me. Am waiting for a black/aubergine/wasabi beauty and a few organizational pieces - expected in early July. Feeling super-antsy!! I am already picturing what will go into the SA and how I will color-code the contents by stuff sack. Someone please reassure me the SA fits under the average airplane seat? (I don't plan to stuff it silly, the intent is in-flight entertainment + just-in-case basics.)

I also decided to skip the Cache for the moment (the SA is the second of two recent TB orders, my pocketbook is a little slim right now ), so am curious to see how critical it is for traveling with my iPad Mini. I'll have some clothing in a PCBP so I figure that will act as padding... I plan to stick the Mini in another stuff sack along with a guidebook or paperwork to lend some structure. Anyone else done something like this?

(And just in case anyone out there has a Steel Dyneema/UV S19 and wants to rehome it, I'm your gal! )

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Someone please reassure me the SA fits under the average airplane seat? (I don't plan to stuff it silly, the intent is in-flight entertainment + just-in-case basics.)
    Yes, this is one of the nice points of the Smart Alec. It is very nicely sized for storage under the airplane seat, but only if they don't have those pesky AV boxes that can take up more than half the underseat room! You should also be able to stow your SA this way even if you have the upper modular pocket attached. Congrats on your order.
    haraya and eWalker like this.

Thanks moriond! A relief to hear that. Since there will be four of us traveling, hopefully at least some of the seats will have unobstructed foot wells. I'm excited to have a real travel system in which to haul my gear!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    And so the long wait begins! I've ordered TB accessories before, but I believe this is my first full-on Bihn bag. I went back and forth about ten million times (and missed out on ordering an S19 in Steel Dyneema/UV) before deciding the Smart Alec was for me. Am waiting for a black/aubergine/wasabi beauty and a few organizational pieces - expected in early July. Feeling super-antsy!!
    Congrats! I can say based on proud ownership that the black/Aubergine/wasabi SA is magnificent both in looks and utility!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Yours was one of my inspirations!! <3 <3 <3

So I can wait semi patiently for weeks, knowing my items are on backorder, but once I get that shipping notice I GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT THIS SECOND. Why is that?

Did a huge (for me) order. Had a few things already on order, then I read about the price increase and added some stuff from the future wishlist. And its all going to be here by the time I go on vacation (wasn't sure about that until I got the shipping notice yesterday)!!!!

Waiting on a side effect, packing cube backpack, medium double organizer pouch, and a couple 3d organizer cubes (one clear, one fabric) and a nano pouch. Wish the nano came in black or iberian to match my other stuff because this is really throwing my color scheme off.
    scribe and eWalker like this.

New arrivals!! This is the first of two orders - the other one is backordered to early July. Some of these items are in prep for our summer trip, others are gifts for summer birthdays (might as well combine shipping, right?). Without further ado (bear with me while I figure out how to post images to this forum, maybe someone can enlighten me? ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124667...7/13999413988/

With the rest of my little TB family:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124667...n/photostream/

Now I have three colors of Travel Trays... I probably should've ordered the Black TT when it was still being offered, but DH has not yet been converted into a Bihn devotee. My sneaky plan is to show him how well the TT concept works with the kids and myself, then he will want his own! ;P (the fourth TT is a birthday for my brother who is a frequent flyer and also a gearhead like me...)

Some of the pouches in use with my (beloved, non-TB pack*):

Front pocket has a Double Organizer Pouch (purple key strap) and my keys (Solar strap) inside. Main compartment has a Medium Clear Organizer Pouch (black strap) and Large Clear Organizer Pouch (wasabi). Attached to the Medium C/OP via the UV strap is my teeny Swiss knife. I've used basic split key rings from the hardware store as attachment points in lieu of an O-ring.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124667...7644673438925/

*(As a side note, I really love the daisy chain webbing on this pack - makes it easy to grab and unzip the pack from almost any angle. The latest version of this pack doesn't have it. I get that the lack of straps makes for a lighter, more streamlined pack - but the webbing is actually a core reason I've hung onto this pack for over a decade!)
    Last edited by haraya; 05-14-2014 at 11:00 AM.

How did you attach the split key rings to the inside of the bag?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Page 82 of 119 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0