Page 76 of 118 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1765
Like Tree2129Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

  1. #1126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    430
    One of you mentioned $10 as the price to play - and I agree with that (shipping cost) as I've recently put in an order for lots of Dyneema accessories - packing cube shoulder bag, some organizer pouches, and an all-Dyneema small cafe bag. I have discovered through trial and error that I prefer a horizontal carry to a vertical one, but I just have to try the small cafe bag for myself. This forum is outstanding general reading and I enjoy it!

  2. #1127
    Registered User monkeylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Puget Sound region
    Posts
    838
    Let us know how it goes, GoStanford. Like you, I prefer a horizontal carry, but I've also been interested in the Cafe bags for something less structured than the CoP or Pilot.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

  3. #1128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida (near the beach!)
    Posts
    237
    Well, thanks to Darcy's pronouncement of the availability of Nordic accessories hitherto unheard of, I am now eaglerly anticipating the arrival of a new Nordic Travel Tray, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Black/UV Little Swift, the new dual zip pouch, and wrist strap with the keyhook on it. The backorder says it will last through the beginning of June (due to the LS). My birthday is at the end of this month. I may be pushing my luck, but maybe I will be surprised closer to an early May release?

    If not, that's ok. Like many of you, I don't NEED these fabulous items, but oh, I WANTS THEM!!!
    taminca likes this.

  4. #1129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    After way too long deciding on what to get, I placed my first Tom a Bihn order. I can't wait for my olive Brain Bag to arrive.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #1130
    Registered User taminca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    627
    Is it June yet?
    snowbot likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

  6. #1131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    the Midwest
    Posts
    245
    And the waiting game starts again...placed an order at work last night (couldn't wait to get home!) for a PCSB in Nordic w/ a simple shoulder strap, a TT in Nordic, and a double organizer pouch. Argh. I'm mostly excited about the PCSB and using that as my new purse when I travel so I don't have to stuff my beloved linen/steel SCB in whatever bag I use to pack my clothes in. I've been on the fence about ordering a PCSB, but as soon as Darcy announced that it was being offered in Nordic for a limited time, I was all over that like stink on a skunk...this Nordic binge I've been on could be and already has been a dangerous thing...love me some of that Nordic goodness.

  7. #1132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida (near the beach!)
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Is it June yet?
    You and me both!

  8. #1133
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Is it June yet?
    @taminca Sounds like you need to be pro-active with your calendar and fast-forward yourself to at least mid-May.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396466131.259624.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  61.1 KB

    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396466144.495599.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  70.3 KB

    This sequence is from Arnold Lobel's Frog and Toad are Friends where Toad tells Frog to go away and not to wake him again until at least mid-May. You can read the entire story (Spring) at the Harper Collins site for this book.

    The screen captures shown above were taken from pretty far into the YouTube video (start the sequence around 2:40 to watch Frog taking action with the calendar)



    moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 04-02-2014 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Fixed link to Harper Collins Site

  9. #1134
    Registered User taminca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    627
    LOVED IT, @moriond! Thanks for putting a smile on my face during what will be a very long wait. But I learned my lesson... Several times I have put a backordered item on my wish list, thinking I will order it when it is in stock... only to have the ordering option completely DISAPPEARED on me! (The latest being the Black Parapack/Solar Dyneema SCB. Sigh.) Now where can I find a magic calendar that would speed up time?
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

  10. #1135
    Registered User scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Several times I have put a backordered item on my wish list, thinking I will order it when it is in stock... only to have the ordering option completely DISAPPEARED on me!
    It's a salutary lesson to us all. I've noticed that a couple of items that I thought might go on backorder owing to the current dyneema shortage are actually in stock, so I might have to order them and scrape the money together now, so as not to fall prey to the same issue!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

  11. #1136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    61
    Just put in an order for one of those black Dyneema PCSB. My trip is in mid may I hope they will be ahead of schedule on the back orders. Got some pouches to hook some family members on TB. The wait begins.

  12. #1137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    430
    Promptly shipped and despite an initial gulp due to a broken box in transit, it is full of Dyneema goodness. I will try to follow up with some more detailed comments. For now my impression of the packing cube shoulder bag is highly favorable - horizontal orientation and only just smaller than the small cafe bag.
    Hollie likes this.

  13. #1138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Let us know how it goes, GoStanford. Like you, I prefer a horizontal carry, but I've also been interested in the Cafe bags for something less structured than the CoP or Pilot.
    Initial experience with the small cafe bag is outstanding. I am trying to pare down and make this my carry bag for daily errands/weekends. It holds a long wallet, shopping bag, pen, keys, etc. easily and has room to spare. I am glad I did not go any larger because this feels like the limit for me as far as vertical orientation and keeping the bag comfortably against my jacket when I walk. I wear it cross-body and the provided simple strap is more than adequate for that. In crowded spots, I am able to reach down and place my hand around the base of the bag to keep it securely against me. If I had gotten MCB or LCB I would not be able to do that (but taller people may have a different experience).

    The all-Dyneema black/wasabi is beautiful. The striations are not visible in black or Nordic blue dyneema in contrast to wasabi and UV - I wonder why, if it has to do with the thickness, something special about the weave. It looks like graph paper and I like it a lot! It's fairly neutral in appearance despite having lots of lines. I'm also noticing that the choice of thread on Dyneema products sometimes complements the fabric color and sometimes contrasts with it to accentuate a zipper or other flourish.

    Summary: highly recommend all-Dyneema small cafe bag for daily errands, but I had to consciously pare down what I carried.

  14. #1139
    Registered User scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    820
    @GoStanford I'm liking the MCB purely because I can fit a useful amount in it without it getting too heavy - but I imagine the SCB is even better for that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

  15. #1140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    the Midwest
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Initial experience with the small cafe bag is outstanding. I am trying to pare down and make this my carry bag for daily errands/weekends. It holds a long wallet, shopping bag, pen, keys, etc. easily and has room to spare. I am glad I did not go any larger because this feels like the limit for me as far as vertical orientation and keeping the bag comfortably against my jacket when I walk. I wear it cross-body and the provided simple strap is more than adequate for that. In crowded spots, I am able to reach down and place my hand around the base of the bag to keep it securely against me. If I had gotten MCB or LCB I would not be able to do that (but taller people may have a different experience).

    The all-Dyneema black/wasabi is beautiful. The striations are not visible in black or Nordic blue dyneema in contrast to wasabi and UV - I wonder why, if it has to do with the thickness, something special about the weave. It looks like graph paper and I like it a lot! It's fairly neutral in appearance despite having lots of lines. I'm also noticing that the choice of thread on Dyneema products sometimes complements the fabric color and sometimes contrasts with it to accentuate a zipper or other flourish.

    Summary: highly recommend all-Dyneema small cafe bag for daily errands, but I had to consciously pare down what I carried.
    I have the SCB in linen/steel and I use it when I'm carrying more than my wallet and phone around town. I'm 5'9" and still glad that I went with the small instead of the bigger CBs. I wore it all over Berlin when I lived there for a while and I, too, love that I can wrap my hand comfortably around the bottom to hold it against the front of my body when I'm in large crowds.

Page 76 of 118 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0