Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 74 of 129 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1927
Like Tree2566Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

i've not actually placed my next order (items aren't even in the cart!) and I'm feeling this.
    Co-Pilot black/steel, Swift olive/linen/steel, Little Swift black/black/uv

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by penny View Post
    i've not actually placed my next order (items aren't even in the cart!) and I'm feeling this.
    You're precocious.

I seem to have this terrible habit of adding stuff to my wish list to assuage the tension of waiting for an order - and then somehow the wish list finds its way into a new order *whistles innocently*

(Just took delivery of order #2 - MCB and knitting accessories )
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Currently my new co-pilot seems to be just sitting in Louisville, Ky. It is doing no-one any good in Louisville, no-one LOVES it in Louisville. It should not be sitting there, it should be on an international flight to Australia. WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME UPS??!!??
    Last edited by Historymeg; 03-17-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Nordic/Solar Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Tri-Star, Nordic/Solar Side Effect, Plum3-D Organizer

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Historymeg View Post
    Currently my new co-pilot seems to be just sitting in Louisville, Ky. It is doing no-one any good in Louisville, no-one LOVES it in Louisville. It should not be sitting there, it should be on an international flight to Australia. WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME UPS??!!??
    @Historymeg My guess is that UPS is handling your delivery. Louisville, KY, also known as the home of the "Louisville Slugger" (baseball bat), is the home of UPS operations. This is detailed in one of the main essays in the book by New Yorker magazine writer, John McPhee, titled "Uncommon Carriers". I think there's a brief summary of the relevant article in the "Annals of transport" series at the New Yorker's archive web site. (P.S. My Tom Bihn packages usually get shipped USPS priority mail, since UPS rates to Hawaii are much more expensive than to other U.S. sites. So it is just fortuitous that I happened to have borrowed this particular essay collection from my library some years ago and read it. Not that this helps with waiting. Sympathy!)

Thanks Moriond, yes it is going by UPS. My last Tom Bihn order just seemed to get through Kentucky much faster (which was probably my imagination). But thank you for the article suggestion, it does look quite interesting, I might try and chase down the full copy from our university library. It will give me something to do, rather than hit refresh on the tracking site over and over and over. (PS UPS if you're reading this somehow, as a Nova Scotian by lineage I will gladly accept one of those lobsters the article talks about as compensation for the pain and suffering you're putting me through! ;-) )
    Nordic/Solar Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Tri-Star, Nordic/Solar Side Effect, Plum3-D Organizer

You have my sympathy, Historymeg. My latest order arrived at Stansted Airport in time to be delivered a day early (as the previous one was), but then it reached the Castle Donington* distribution centre too late for the overnight transfer to Bury St Edmunds**. Hence it sat in the UPS warehouse (25 miles from me) all weekend...

* For the benefit of non-Brits, Castle Donington is a pretty little village that happens to be the closest named location to East Midlands Airport, where UPS have their main UK import/export centre.

** It's doubly frustrating since Stanstead is almost as close to me as Bury St Edmunds, so my TB orders get a tour of the Midlands before circling back to East Anglia!
    Collections:
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Thanks Scribe. Clearly your Tom Bihn bags had a deep abiding interest in Medieval English History and needed to see the key sites before coming home to you. Mine on the other hand seem to lean toward Bluegrass music (it is a Nordic Blue bag). This may be an unforseen problem with tapping into Portable Culture :-) Thankfully they are now, by all reports, winging their way across the Pacific.

My first Travel Tray (Iberian) and first Shop Bag (large Nordic) and halfway to my house, c'mon Friday!!

I find myself walking around my house looking at various things and wondering, "Should I sell that to fund a new bag?" Hahaha! The Tri-Star obsession won't go away!!! Must. Take. Medicine.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Historymeg View Post
    Thanks Scribe. Clearly your Tom Bihn bags had a deep abiding interest in Medieval English History and needed to see the key sites before coming home to you.
    I think you may be onto something - I omitted to mention that they went from Castle Donington to Tamworth before being sent to Bury!

As an aficionado of English history myself, clearly my MCB and I are soul mates
    Collections:

It happened to me once, the over the weekend stay of a TB package at a nearby UPS facility.

I had a strong impulse to go get it but we had errands to do and figured I could wait until Monday.

Sorry I missed this reply - I listed my preferences as 1-black/wasabi (which will match my future SE), 2-forest/wasabi (which I received), 3-black/steel, and 4-black/black.

Now that I've seen the forest/wasabi in person - it would be the SE of my dreams....but the black/wasabi SE will be gorgeous I'm sure...

Woe is me - just saw where the SE black/wasabi is on backorder until JUNE....heavy sigh.....

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    Woe is me - just saw where the SE black/wasabi is on backorder until JUNE....heavy sigh.....
    In your place i would get the 400d Black/Dyneema Wasabi that is currently available. (Note: I already have this SE.)

Why does this happen every time with UPS? (shaking fist at the sky)

"A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible."

Daddy wants his large Nordic Shop Bag and Iberian Travel Tray NOW
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Page 74 of 129 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0