Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1901
Like Tree2486Likes

Thread: TB Anticipation Syndrome

Another new victim here! I came across TB on a budgeting forum where a member was asking others to talk him out of a new purchase, and I had to investigate...Oops!

I had a very stressful experience recently with a budget airline that my husband had booked us onto and not paid extra for checked-in baggage, and I'm flying with them again in April, so I'm determined to be better prepared next time. I'm also flying out to the US for a week in the summer, and have several other short trips lined up (train, not plane). I like to travel fairly light, and in the past I've tended to take a small wheeled case, but being petite I find them daunting to manage on escalators, particularly going down.

So, I've ordered a Tri-Star (Steel/UV), a packing-cube backpack plus the medium and small cubes, and a Side Effect (Olive/UV). The TS should just about squeak through the budget airline's stingy carry-on restrictions, even with the SE inside (no "personal item" allowance!), as long as I don't pack it too heavily. I did look at the Western Flyer as it would definitely fit within the measurements, but all the colour options are on back-order and wouldn't arrive in time, making the point moot.

I'm on tenterhooks, waiting for my order to ship across the Atlantic

I tried to post here earlier, but got a "your post is being held for moderation" message. Now I can post to other threads, but no sign of that first one, so... *shrugs*

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm anxiously waiting for my first order to go from "pending" to "shipped"! It's going to be a biggie - I got a bit carried away and placed two separate orders over the weekend, and then emailed to ask if they could be merged. Trevor in shipping replied first thing to confirm he was sorting it out and would reduce the shipping accordingly - awesome customer service, TB!
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Sadly, it always says 'pending'. But you will get a confirmation with a tracking number once it's shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Grey DLBC * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Ah, good to know! *scurries off to check email on other computer...*
    Moose likes this.
    Collections:
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Just placed my first order...the Brain bag, a few key straps, a travel tray and an absolute shoulder strap! So excited for them to arrive!
    jmoz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    Just placed my first order...the Brain bag, a few key straps, a travel tray and an absolute shoulder strap! So excited for them to arrive!
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy your gateway drugs immensely!

Waiting for a Copilot and some stuff sacks...and second-guessing whether I should have gone with all Dyneema for a super-light Copilot, but waiting it out to see how that plum bag looks! I am rediscovering Tom Bihn after a couple of years away...so much fun browsing the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Waiting for a Copilot and some stuff sacks...and second-guessing whether I should have gone with all Dyneema for a super-light Copilot, but waiting it out to see how that plum bag looks! I am rediscovering Tom Bihn after a couple of years away...so much fun browsing the forums!
    Too bad there's no Cardinal, right? (Given your forum name)

J. '02

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    Too bad there's no Cardinal, right? (Given your forum name)

J. '02
    Good point! Hmmm...a future collegiate collection in the making?

'95

Finally got a confirmation # for my WF and accessories! Should be here tomorrow! I ordered just days after they went on backorder for late April, so there is hope. Just in time, I have a pretty intense month of travel, with many 3-days I will trial by fire with.

You were lucky, imperator! I went with a Tri-Star, because the WFs were all on back-order until around the time of my next flight (and anyway the colour combos were rather limited compared to the TS).

Now I'm waiting, somewhat more patiently, for my back-ordered MCB plus some knitting accessories. At least I have my S19 and TS to play with in the meantime!
    Collections:

Getting my black dyneema aeronaut and black/Wasabi co-pilot on Tues!! Woo hoo!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

my first Tom Bihn tracking number - just a pocket pouch, triangle metal hook pair, and Tom Bihn ruler -
    next will be an SE in black/wasabi -

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    my first Tom Bihn tracking number - just a pocket pouch, triangle metal hook pair, and Tom Bihn ruler -
    next will be an SE in black/wasabi -
    Congrats. Did you select a color combination or give a color preference for the pocket pouch?

I had intended to be a responsible adult and wait to get a Nordic Co-pilot til June when I'll be in Seattle. I was going to be good. Really. But then Darcy mentioned on another thread that Nordic was facing retirement and well...kid...candy-store...you know how it goes. Besides I needed to buy my mum a present for...something. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Nordic/Solar Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Tri-Star, Nordic/Solar Side Effect, Plum3-D Organizer

Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0